Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract multiple strings from line Post 302964286 by bombcan on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 06:44:29 AM
Old 01-13-2016
Thank-You cfajohnson & MadeInGermany for your time and these useful posts. They all work great.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract multiple strings from a line

Hi I have the following requirement. i have the following line from a log file one : two : Three : four : five : six : seven : eight :nine :ten Now can you pls help what i should do to get only the following output from the above line two : five : six : seven : Eight appreciate your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_eme
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping Multiple Strings on the Same Line 'Or'

I've got this command that I've been using to find strings on the same line, say I'm doing a search for name: find . -name "*" | xargs grep -i "Doe" | grep -i "John" > output.txt This gives me every line in a file that has John and Doe in it. I'm looking to add a OR operator for the second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rally_Point
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract multiple line in a paragraph? Please help.

Hi all, The following lines are taken from a long paragraph: Labels of output orbitals: RY* RY* RY* RY* RY* RY* 1\1\GINC-COMPUTE-1-3\SP\UB3LYP\6-31G\C2H5Cr1O1(1+,5)\LIUZHEN\19-Jan-20 10\0\\# ub3lyp/6-31G pop=(nbo,savenbo) gfprint\\E101GECP\\1,5\O,0,-1.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one file -

input file Desired csv output gc_type, date/time, milli secs af, Mar 17 13:09:04 2011, 144.596 af, Mar 20 00:37:37 2011, 144.242 af, ar 20 21:30:59 2011, 108.518 Hi All, Any help in acheiving the above would be appreciated. I would like to parse through lines within one file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one csv file

Hi all, Please go through my requirement. I have a log file in the location /opt/WebSphere61/AppServer/profiles/EMQbatchprofile/logs/EMQbatch This file contains the follwing pattern data <af type="tenured" id="42" timestamp="May 14 13:44:13 2011" intervalms="955.624"> <minimum... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition

Hi , I'm a newbie.Never worked on Unix before. I want a shell script to perform the following: I want to extract strings from each line ,based on the type of line(Nameline,Subline) and output it to another file.Below is a sample format. 2010-12-21 14:00"1"Nameline"Midterm"First Name:Jane ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? extract quoted "" strings from multiple lines.

I am trying to extract multiple strings from snmp-mib files like below. ----- $ cat IF-MIB.mib <snip> linkDown NOTIFICATION-TYPE OBJECTS { ifIndex, ifAdminStatus, ifOperStatus } STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A linkDown trap signifies that the SNMP entity, acting in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genzo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract strings matching multiple patterns

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to title this one! Here goes: I have some already partially parsed log files, which I now need to extract info from. Because of the way they are originally and the fact they have been partially processed already, I can't make any assumptions on the number of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple occurance of strings between 2 patterns

I need to extract multiple occurance strings between 2 different patterns in given line. For e.g. in below as input ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mike(hussey) AND mike(donald) AND mike(ryan) AND mike(johnson)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

USING sed to remove multiple strings/words from a line

Hi I use sed comnand to remove occurance of one workd from a line. However I need to removed occurance of dufferent words in ne line. Original-1 Hi this is the END of my begining Comand sed s/"END"/"start"/g Output-1 Hi this is the start of my beginig But I have more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
9 Replies
PSIGNAL(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						PSIGNAL(9)

NAME
psignal, pgsignal, gsignal -- post signal to a process or process group SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/signalvar.h> void psignal(struct proc *p, int signum); void pgsignal(struct pgrp *pgrp, int signum, int checkctty); void gsignal(int pgid, int signum); DESCRIPTION
These functions post a signal to one or more processes. The argument signum common to all three functions should be in the range [1-NSIG]. The psignal() function posts signal number signum to the process represented by the process structure p. With a few exceptions noted below, the target process signal disposition is updated and is marked as runnable, so further handling of the signal is done in the context of the target process after a context switch. Note that psignal() does not by itself cause a context switch to happen. The target process is not marked as runnable in the following cases: o The target process is sleeping uninterruptibly. The signal will be noticed when the process returns from the system call or trap. o The target process is currently ignoring the signal. o If a stop signal is sent to a sleeping process that takes the default action (see sigaction(2)), the process is stopped without awakening it. o SIGCONT restarts a stopped process (or puts them back to sleep) regardless of the signal action (e.g., blocked or ignored). If the target process is being traced psignal() behaves as if the target process were taking the default action for signum. This allows the tracing process to be notified of the signal. The pgsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group described by pgrp. If checkctty is non-zero, the sig- nal will be posted only to processes that have a controlling terminal. pgsignal() is implemented by walking along the process list headed by the field pg_members of the process group structure pointed at by pgrp and calling psignal() as appropriate. If pgrp is NULL no action is taken. The gsignal() function posts signal number signum to each member of the process group identified by the group id pgid. gsignal() first finds the group structure associated with pgid, then invokes pgsignal() with the argument checkctty set to zero. If pgid is zero no action is taken. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), signal(9), tsleep(9) BSD
June 22, 1996 BSD