Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Time of query execution much different between 3 servers Post 302964175 by bakunin on Monday 11th of January 2016 05:52:17 PM
Old 01-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by omonoiatis9
I am trying to figure out what causes this extra delay during these hours but i cannot find anything. I tried to check the crons to see if there is something automatic that runs during these hours that is causing the delay but i dont think my answer is there.
What makes you think the answer is not in the crontabs? (The question is meant serious, what haveyou done to come to that conclusion?)

You might want to start with the basic tool for all things performance: vmstat. Use
Code:
vmstat -tw 1 | tee -a /some/log/file

and analyse the log. See if there is any significant difference between the first 5-6 minutes of an hour and the rest of the time. See if there is a difference between the first 5-6 minutes of the hour on server3 and the other two servers.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check query execution to go further

Can any one help with script (Korn) to do following ? :confused: I have 3 tasks to do in a shell. Task (1) is executing query which unloads the result into file XYZ. Before I start Task (2) which is java program and depends on file XYZ, I need to make sure that Task (1) is completed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cub
1 Replies

2. Programming

execution time

hi , i ve coded a C program in that im using malloc dynamically , it is being called many times in the program The program is to simulate jobs in manufacturing system. the execution time is increasing drastically as the number of jobs are increased. could any body tel what may be the problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramki_rk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

last execution time

is there a command in Solaris 8 that will show a particular scripts last execution time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

specifying an execution time

Hi all, do ny o u'll know how to set a particular execution time for a program??? for eg.: --> during the execution of a file, i call a certain other function. --> while calling this function, my comp hangs. now is there ny way in which i can go to the nxt line of code by aborting the call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reduce execution time

Hi All, The below script I run daily and it consumes 2 hours approx. In this I am calling another script and executing the same twice. Is the loop below the cause for the slow process?Is it possible to finetune the program so that it runs in a much faster way? The first script: #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Automatic execution of commands in multiple servers using single script.

Hi, I've to do a simple job many times whenever it has been asked, just i've to log in to all of fourtien HP servers and i've to execute ps -fu user > temp cat temp|sendmail "xyz@z.com" commands to send the statics of all of 14 servers over the mail to particular user id.. Though logging... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time taken for execution

how much time a particular command or shell script executed there is any command to know this thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To take script execution time

Hello Guys, I would like to know is there a way to take the script execution time For e.g i am having a script.sh i need to write inside he script.sh like Start time : 10-Mar-2016 02:30:35 all code over here ... End time : 10-Mar-2016 03:30:32 Script start time - 02:30:35 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
7 Replies
tztab(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  tztab(4)

NAME
tztab - time zone adjustment table for date and ctime() DESCRIPTION
The file describes the differences between Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and local time. Several local areas can be represented simul- taneously with historical detail. The file consists of one or more time zone adjustment entries. The first line of the entry contains a unique string that may match the value of the string in the user's environment. The format is where is the time zone name or abbreviation, diff is the difference in hours from UTC, and is the name or abbreviation of the "Daylight Savings" time zone. Fractional values of diff are expressed in minutes preceded by a colon. Each such string will start with an alphabetic character. The second and subsequent lines of each entry details the time zone adjustments for that time zone. The lines contain seven fields each. The first six fields specify the first minute in which the time zone adjustment, specified in the seventh field, applies. The fields are separated by spaces or tabs. The first six are integer patterns that specify the minute (0-59), hour (0-23), day of the month (1-31), month of the year (1-12), year (1970-2038), and day of the week (0-6, with 0=Sunday). The minute, hour, and month of the year must contain a number in the (respective) range indicated above. The day of the month, year, and day of the week can contain a number as above or two numbers separated by a minus (indicating an inclusive range). Either the day of the month or the day of the week field must be a range, the other must be simple number. The seventh field is a string that describes the time zone adjustment in its simplest form: where is an alphabetic string giving the time zone name or abbreviation, and diff is the difference in hours from UTC. must match either the field or the field in the first line of the time zone adjustment entry. Any fractional diff is shown in minutes. Comments begin with a in the first column, and include all characters up to a newline. Comments are ignored. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
International Code Set Support Single-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
The time zone adjustment table for the Eastern Time Zone in the United States is: Normally (as indicated in the first line) Eastern Standard Time is five hours earlier than UTC. During Daylight Savings time, it changes to a 4 hour difference. The first time Daylight Savings Time took effect (second line) was on January 6, 1974 at 3:00 a.m., EDT. Note that the minute before was 1:59 a.m., EST. The change back to standard time took effect (sixth line) on the last Sunday in November of the same year. At that point, the time went from 1:59 a.m., EDT to 1:00 a.m., EST. The transition to Daylight Savings Time since then has gone from the last Sunday in February (third line) to the last Sunday in April (fourth line) to the first Sunday in April (fifth line). The return to standard time for the same period has remained at the last Sunday in October (seventh line). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
date(1), ctime(3C), environ(5). tztab(4)