Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop to convert text output in the HTML format Post 302964122 by RudiC on Monday 11th of January 2016 04:39:08 AM
Old 01-11-2016
Try also
Code:
awk     'BEGIN  {printf "<html><body><table width=\"600\" border=\"3\" align=\"center\">\n"}
                {gsub (/  +/, _)
                 printf "<tr>"
                 for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) printf "<td>%s</td>", $i
                 printf "</tr>\n"
                }
         END    {printf "</table></body></html>\n"}
        ' FS=: file

---------- Post updated at 10:39 ---------- Previous update was at 10:29 ----------

Try also this adaption to your shell approach:
Code:
while read line; do echo "<tr><td>${line//:/<\/td><td>}</td></tr>"; done <file

Last edited by RudiC; 01-11-2016 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: typo
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma text file to Column in html format

I am trying to generate a report with below file : File1 : EQADM,edrtere9-phys,8122caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere11-phys,8227caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere3-phys,822caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick can you help me convert it to html and add... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

Hi, I have script which generates the output as below: Jobname Date Time Status abc 12/9/11 17:00 Completed xyz 13/9/11 21:00 Running I have the output as a text file. I need to convert it into a HTML Table and sent it thru email ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert TZ output to a different format

Friends, I am trying to convert my local server timezone EST to UTC and for which I used the TZ command, see below $ date Thu Dec 6 10:14:14 EST 2012 $ $ TZ=UTC date -d '10:14 EST' Thu Dec 6 15:14:00 UTC 2012 Now I would like to have the same output in 'yyyymmdd hh:mm' format. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert output.txt into html file

I have output.txt file generated through shell scripts which need convert in tabular format using html can you please help me output.txt Token State Date1 Date2 Description Name 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html output in correct format

Hi, I am running two scripts as below. In Script 1 i am getting correct output in proper HTML format while in script 2 i am not getting output in mail and only html code is getting printed.I want to get the output of script 2. Please guide. 1.IFILE=/home/home01/Report.csv if #Checks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text file to HTML tabular format.

Please provide script/commands to convert text file to HTML tabular format. No need of styles and colours, just output and a heading in table is required. Output file will be send via email and will be seen from outlook. (script required without using awk). output file content: (sar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format text file to html

Hi Experts, Anybody out there figure out on how to achieve in shell scripts or tools. I have done googling to find solutions but no luck. I have thousands of .txt files to batch process, please see the below sample text content after -------- start here --------. What I want to achieve is to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

My concnern related to the post -Convert shell script output txt file to html table, in this how to print the heading as color. awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' <filename> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarajobmai
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert csv data to html format

I am new to html and need to convert the attached csv file data to html format ; running into issues. please assist. #!/bin/ksh echo "<html>" ; echo "<head><style> table {border-collapse: collapse;} table, td, th {border: 1px solid black;} </style></head>" echo "<title> REPORT </title>" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana25
0 Replies
SDL_JoystickOpen(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_JoystickOpen(3)

NAME
SDL_JoystickOpen- Opens a joystick for use. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" SDL_Joystick *SDL_JoystickOpen(int index); DESCRIPTION
Opens a joystick for use within SDL. The index refers to the N'th joystick in the system. A joystick must be opened before it game be used. RETURN VALUE
Returns a SDL_Joystick structure on success. NULL on failure. EXAMPLES
SDL_Joystick *joy; // Check for joystick if(SDL_NumJoysticks()>0){ // Open joystick joy=SDL_JoystickOpen(0); if(joy) { printf("Opened Joystick 0 "); printf("Name: %s ", SDL_JoystickName(0)); printf("Number of Axes: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumAxes(joy)); printf("Number of Buttons: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumButtons(joy)); printf("Number of Balls: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumBalls(joy)); } else printf("Couldn't open Joystick 0 "); // Close if opened if(SDL_JoystickOpened(0)) SDL_JoystickClose(joy); } SEE ALSO
SDL_JoystickClose SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:00 SDL_JoystickOpen(3)