Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop to convert text output in the HTML format Post 302964121 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 11th of January 2016 04:04:14 AM
Old 01-11-2016
Hello rahul2662,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you, not tested though. Please let me know if you have any queries on same.
Code:
awk -F"[[:space:]]+:[[:space:]]+" 'NF>1{sub(/^[[:space:]]+/,X,$0);for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){Q=Q?Q OFS "<td>" $i "</td>":"<td>" $i "</td>"};print "<tr>" Q "</tr>";Q="";next} NF==1{sub(/^[[:space:]]+/,X,$0);print "<tr><td>"$0"</td></tr>"}' OFS=""   Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
<tr><td>Drive Bays</td></tr>
<tr><td>Bay Name</td><td>SD-2C</td></tr>
<tr><td>Number of Standby Power Supplies</td><td>4</td></tr>
<tr><td>Number of Drive Enclosures</td><td>12</td></tr>
<tr><td>Summary Status of Contained Modules</td></tr>
<tr><td>All Enclosures</td><td>Normal</td></tr>
<tr><td>All Link Control Cards</td><td>Normal</td></tr>
<tr><td>All Power Supplies</td><td>Normal</td></tr>
<tr><td>All Standby Power Supplies</td><td>Normal</td></tr>
<tr><td>Bay Name</td><td>SD-2D</td></tr>
<tr><td>Number of Standby Power Supplies</td><td>3</td></tr>
<tr><td>Number of Drive Enclosures</td><td>16</td></tr>
<tr><td>Bay Name</td><td>SD-2F</td></tr>
<tr><td>Number of Standby Power Supplies</td><td>3</td></tr>
<tr><td>Number of Drive Enclosures</td><td>12</td></tr>
<tr><td>Bay Name</td><td>SD-2G</td></tr>
<tr><td>Number of Standby Power Supplies</td><td>6</td></tr>

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma text file to Column in html format

I am trying to generate a report with below file : File1 : EQADM,edrtere9-phys,8122caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere11-phys,8227caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick EQADM,edrtere3-phys,822caef0,gpatmon,/bin/ksh,nuten Erick can you help me convert it to html and add... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

Hi, I have script which generates the output as below: Jobname Date Time Status abc 12/9/11 17:00 Completed xyz 13/9/11 21:00 Running I have the output as a text file. I need to convert it into a HTML Table and sent it thru email ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert TZ output to a different format

Friends, I am trying to convert my local server timezone EST to UTC and for which I used the TZ command, see below $ date Thu Dec 6 10:14:14 EST 2012 $ $ TZ=UTC date -d '10:14 EST' Thu Dec 6 15:14:00 UTC 2012 Now I would like to have the same output in 'yyyymmdd hh:mm' format. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert output.txt into html file

I have output.txt file generated through shell scripts which need convert in tabular format using html can you please help me output.txt Token State Date1 Date2 Description Name 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html output in correct format

Hi, I am running two scripts as below. In Script 1 i am getting correct output in proper HTML format while in script 2 i am not getting output in mail and only html code is getting printed.I want to get the output of script 2. Please guide. 1.IFILE=/home/home01/Report.csv if #Checks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text file to HTML tabular format.

Please provide script/commands to convert text file to HTML tabular format. No need of styles and colours, just output and a heading in table is required. Output file will be send via email and will be seen from outlook. (script required without using awk). output file content: (sar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format text file to html

Hi Experts, Anybody out there figure out on how to achieve in shell scripts or tools. I have done googling to find solutions but no luck. I have thousands of .txt files to batch process, please see the below sample text content after -------- start here --------. What I want to achieve is to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

My concnern related to the post -Convert shell script output txt file to html table, in this how to print the heading as color. awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' <filename> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarajobmai
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert csv data to html format

I am new to html and need to convert the attached csv file data to html format ; running into issues. please assist. #!/bin/ksh echo "<html>" ; echo "<head><style> table {border-collapse: collapse;} table, td, th {border: 1px solid black;} </style></head>" echo "<title> REPORT </title>" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana25
0 Replies