Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris XSCF, SP and Dscp - confused. Post 302964099 by javanoob on Sunday 10th of January 2016 10:13:41 AM
Old 01-10-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
I don't know what kind of benefits you are expecting. The blog gives an insight about the benefits and I can't think of anything more to add to that list...
Hi DukeNuke2,

Yeap. Thanks for the link.. Actually before all these, i thought by having DSCP, i am able to have better monitor of the domains (e.g. resources etc) through the XSCF web interface. SmilieSmilie

Regards,
Noob

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mx000 XSCF logging

is there a way to force an error on an xscf much the same way you can with logger on solaris 10? i would like to test and make sure setarchiving is appropriately configured. however, i do not want to just pull a power source as the system is in production. anyway have any insight? showarchiving... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Service Mode on XSCF

While entering to service mode on XSCF i getting following error XSCF> service Account is not enabled for service mode. What could be the reason for this ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
5 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 servers - XSCF functions

Hi all A couple of new M5000 servers will be arriving soon and I need to work out how to configure the underlying domains. It will come with 4 x CPUS, 32 Gb of memory, 4 x HD, 2 x IOtrays. Reading the XSCF manual, I can configure the item into 2 domains, something about uni / quad xsb.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
9 Replies

4. IP Networking

TCP packet with RST flag not carrying DSCP

Hello, I'm having an issue with TCP sockets. When the TCP connection is terminated on one end, TCP packet with RST flag set is being sent to the sender. All the packets sent so far were carrying the DSCP 'AF21' set by me. But packet with RST flag is carrying DSCP '0'. Is this expected or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solace
0 Replies

5. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

6. Solaris

XSCF on M3000

Hi, I've updated a few M3000s to new firmware without any hassle, but on one of them the following is happening: XSCF> getflashimage -u wayner ftp://10.16.122.200/tftpboot/IKXCP1102.tar.gz Error: insufficient free space Any idea how to delete whatever old firmware is on there so I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabaiste
7 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Change username in XSCF

Hi All, I have SPARC T4-4 connected with XSCF console. By mistake console user name is set to "root" instead of "sunadmin" (This is what we keep as standard). How can I change it ? Please help me -> show /SP/users/root /SP/users/root Targets: ssh Properties: role... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting USB in XSCF on M5000

Trying to update my M5000 firmware. trying to mount my USB to upload firmware and getting the following message. XSCF> getflashimage -v file:///media/usb_msd/FFXCP1115.tar.gz Free space: 97MB Making sure mount point is clear umount: /media/usb_msd is not mounted (according to mtab) Trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to Display M4000 XSCF IP from Solaris OS?

Hi All, I have an Oracle M4000 server with Solaris 10 OS. I have access to Solaris root prompt. But I don't know the XSCF IP of this server. Is there any way to display XSCF IP from Solaris OS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byrusber
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies
Simple(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Simple(3pm)

NAME
Tie::Simple - Variable ties made easier: much, much, much easier... SYNOPSIS
use Tie::Simple; tie $scalar, 'Tie::Simple', $data, FETCH => sub { ... }, STORE => sub { ... }; tie @array, 'Tie::Simple', $data, FETCH => sub { ... }, STORE => sub { ... }, FETCHSIZE => sub { ... }, STORESIZE => sub { ... }, EXTEND => sub { ... }, EXISTS => sub { ... }, DELETE => sub { ... }, CLEAR => sub { ... }, PUSH => sub { ... }, POP => sub { ... }, SHIFT => sub { ... }, UNSHIFT => sub { ... }, SPLICE => sub { ... }; tie %hash, 'Tie::Simple', $data, FETCH => sub { ... }, STORE => sub { ... }, DELETE => sub { ... }, CLEAR => sub { ... }, EXISTS => sub { ... }, FIRSTKEY => sub { ... }, NEXTKEY => sub { ... }; tie *HANDLE, 'Tie::Simple', $data, WRITE => sub { ... }, PRINT => sub { ... }, PRINTF => sub { ... }, READ => sub { ... }, READLINE => sub { ... }, GETC => sub { ... }, CLOSE => sub { ... }; DESCRIPTION
This module adds the ability to quickly create new types of tie objects without creating a complete class. It does so in such a way as to try and make the programmers life easier when it comes to single-use ties that I find myself wanting to use from time-to-time. The "Tie::Simple" package is actually a front-end to other classes which really do all the work once tied, but this package does the dwimming to automatically figure out what you're trying to do. I've tried to make this as intuitive as possible and dependent on other bits of Perl where I can to minimize the need for documentation and to make this extra, extra spiffy. SIMPLE TYING
To setup your quick tie, simply start with the typical tie statement on the variable you're tying. You should always tie to the "Tie::Simple" package and not directly to the other packages included with this module as those are only present as helpers (even though they are really the tie classes). The type of tie depends upon the type of the first argument given to tie. This should be rather obvious from the "SYNOPSIS" above. Therefore, the arguments are: 1. The variable to be tied. 2. The string 'Tie::Simple'. 3. A scalar value (hereafter called the "local data"). 4. A list of name/CODE pairs. At this point, you'll need to have some understanding of tying before you can continue. I suggest looking through perltie. As you will note in the perltie documentation, every tie package defines functions whose first argument is called "this". The third argument, local data, will take the place of "this" in all the subroutine calls you define in the name/CODE pair list. Each name should be the name of the function that would be defined for the appropriate tie-type if you were to do a full-blown package definition. The subroutine matched to that name will take the exact arguments specified in the perltie documentation, but instead of "this" it will be given the local data scalar value you set (which could even be "undef" if you don't need it). TIES CAN BE SIMPLER STILL
The synopsis above shows the typical subroutines you could define. (I left out the "UNTIE" and "DESTROY" methods, but you may define these if you need them, but be sure to read the perltie documentation on possible caveats.) However, the "SYNOPSIS" is way more complete then you probably need to be in most cases. This is because "Tie::Simple" does it's best to make use of some of the handy Perl built-ins which help with creating tie packages. SCALARS If you are creating a scalar tie, then you can assume all the benefits of being a Tie::Scalar. ARRAYS If you are creating an array tie, then you may assume all the benefits of being a Tie::Array. HASHES If you are creating a hash tie, then you may assume all the benefits of being a Tie::Hash. HANDLES If you are creating a handle tie, then you may assume all the benefits of being a Tie::Handle. TO DO
It sure would be nice if you could declare custom @ISA lists, wouldn't it? I'd like to add such a feature, but coming up with some custom "SUPER::" dispatch code or generating new "anonymous" packages are the only ways I can think to do it. I don't really have time to add such a feature just now. SEE ALSO
perltie, Tie::Scalar, Tie::Array, Tie::Hash, Tie::Handle AUTHOR
Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp, <hanenkamp@users.sourceforge.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004 Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp. All Rights Reserved. This library is made available under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-20 Simple(3pm)