Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pipe or combine output of three awk commands Post 302964077 by RudiC on Saturday 9th of January 2016 07:07:51 PM
Old 01-09-2016
You can't redirect AND pipe a program's output. If you need one step's output saved, try the tee command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Two Commands Output

How i can combine output of two commands in one file.......i tried this but it is not working although each command is working good seperately..... head -1 filename | tail -1 filename i think there is problem with command concatenator? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: 33junaid
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe'ing grep output to awk

This script is supposed to find out if tomcat is running or not. #!/bin/sh if netstat -a | grep `grep ${1}: /tomcat/bases | awk -F: '{print $3}'` > /dev/null then echo Tomcat for $1 running else echo Tomcat for $1 NOT running fi the /tomcat/bases is a file that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use awk to pipe output from one file into multiple files

Hi All. Thanks for your help in advance. I have a requirement to examine the number of delimiters in each record of a file. If the record has the expected number of delimiters it should be passed into a 'good' file. If it does not, the record should be passed into a 'bad' file. I have been able... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codestar1
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe awk's output to sed for deletion

Hi Friends, I am using a command that prints certain lines from a file. For ex: cat input abc chr1 456 def chr1 789 ghi chr1 999 jjj chr1 777 jhk chr7 914 My command awk '{if($2=="chr1" && $3>=456 && $3<=999) {print $0}}' OFS="\t" input Output being printed is abc chr1 456 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine awk and bash commands in script ?

Dear friends, I am just trying write one script using 2 files one file will contain details like below #X SERVER X LOCATION URL="http://www.abcd.com" FILENAME="abc.txt" ID_NAME="myabc_xyz" SERVER_PATH="/usr/local/dummy/html/....." #Y SERVER Y LOCATION URL="http://www.xyz.com"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple awk commands

Hi Team, I am getting input like below $ ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v asm | grep -v grep oracle 3246 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_racora1 oracle 4367 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_test1 oracle 6893 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_gipora1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine Both Output from the awk Script

Hi, Is there anyway to combine output from the awk scripting. file01.txt: AUE_CHMOD AUE_CHOWN AUE_CHROOT AUE_CONNECT AUE_ACCEPT AUE_FCHOWN AUE_FCHMOD AUE_SETREUID AUE_SETREGID AUE_FCHROOT AUE_PFEXEC AUE_SETUID AUE_NICE AUE_SETGID (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine awk commands into one

my code: gawk 'NR>'"${LASTLINENUM}"' && NR<='"${LINEENDNUM}"'' ${LOGFILE} | gawk '{l=$0;} /'"${STRING1}"'/ && /'"${STRING2}"'/ {for (i=NR-'"${BEFOREGLAF}"'; i<=NR+'"${AFTERGLAF}"'; i++) o=i; t++;} END { for(i=1; i<=NR; i++) if (o) print l; print t+=0;}' i would like to combine this into one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two awk commands

Hi, Can someone please guide me how to combine the following two awk calls in one? I noticed that it is very often situation for me, and I think that it can be replaced with one awk call. The question is more general, not the exact one. echo "A B C/D" | awk '{print $3}' | awk -F/ '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending output of program into subsequent commands (i.e. awk/sort)

Hi, I have identified how to use command chaining as per below on a file, to capture the header of a file, as well as the line containing the C: drive. $ cat test.txt Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on rootfs 237G 153G 84G 65% / none 237G 153G 84G ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
6 Replies
TEE(2)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    TEE(2)

NAME
tee - duplicating pipe content SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <fcntl.h> ssize_t tee(int fd_in, int fd_out, size_t len, unsigned int flags); DESCRIPTION
tee() duplicates up to len bytes of data from the pipe referred to by the file descriptor fd_in to the pipe referred to by the file descriptor fd_out. It does not consume the data that is duplicated from fd_in; therefore, that data can be copied by a subsequent splice(2). flags is a series of modifier flags, which share the name space with splice(2) and vmsplice(2): SPLICE_F_MOVE Currently has no effect for tee(); see splice(2). SPLICE_F_NONBLOCK Do not block on I/O; see splice(2) for further details. SPLICE_F_MORE Currently has no effect for tee(), but may be implemented in the future; see splice(2). SPLICE_F_GIFT Unused for tee(); see vmsplice(2). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, tee() returns the number of bytes that were duplicated between the input and output. A return value of 0 means that there was no data to transfer, and it would not make sense to block, because there are no writers connected to the write end of the pipe referred to by fd_in. On error, tee() returns -1 and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EINVAL fd_in or fd_out does not refer to a pipe; or fd_in and fd_out refer to the same pipe. ENOMEM Out of memory. VERSIONS
The tee() system call first appeared in Linux 2.6.17. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Conceptually, tee() copies the data between the two pipes. In reality no real data copying takes place though: under the covers, tee() assigns data in the output by merely grabbing a reference to the input. EXAMPLE
The following example implements a basic tee(1) program using the tee() system call. #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <limits.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { int fd; int len, slen; if (argc != 2) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s <file> ", argv[0]); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } fd = open(argv[1], O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0644); if (fd == -1) { perror("open"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } do { /* * tee stdin to stdout. */ len = tee(STDIN_FILENO, STDOUT_FILENO, INT_MAX, SPLICE_F_NONBLOCK); if (len < 0) { if (errno == EAGAIN) continue; perror("tee"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } else if (len == 0) break; /* * Consume stdin by splicing it to a file. */ while (len > 0) { slen = splice(STDIN_FILENO, NULL, fd, NULL, len, SPLICE_F_MOVE); if (slen < 0) { perror("splice"); break; } len -= slen; } } while (1); close(fd); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
splice(2), vmsplice(2), feature_test_macros(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-09-15 TEE(2)