Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Instant client
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Instant client Post 302964014 by Peasant on Saturday 9th of January 2016 01:26:28 AM
Old 01-09-2016
If the instant client was configured and installed properly,setup your oracle environment ($ORACLE_HOME and $PATH) and try sqlplus to connect to database.

Also you can use utilities such as find and/or ls to find the oracle binaries and see their location.

You might want to check out this link :
SQL*Plus Instant Client

Regards
Peasant.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Instant Messaging App Help

I was hoping someone could assist me on a text-based instant messaging client(using UDP) I am working on. I have the network communication basics already in place but, specifically, needed some further help on the "messaging other users" and "getting a user list" functions. The server code that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AusTex
0 Replies

2. Debian

all instant client on debian hppa

Hello, I want to install PHP/PECL OCI8 on an HP J2240 (with Debian hppa 4.0r1 lenny (PA-RISC)) and to do this I must install an Oracle client. I don't find anything about this, help me, please? Thanks you for reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonyus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU utilization between 2 processes at an instant

I have a scenario where 2 applications(sever,deploy) are running in parallel....Now in a span of 1hr i want to know exact %CPU(user CPU) these are using. For example: for a snap shot of 1 hr say 10 am to 11 am i need the CPU utilization as below Total CPU=100 -->User... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Got Error Using Oracle Instant Client with UNIXODBC

Server : AIX 5.3 UnixODBC = 2.2.15pre Driver = Oracle ODBC Instant Client AIX 64bit, Oracle Basic Instant Client AIX 64bit We tried to connect Oracle 11g(Windows) from AIX. Anyway when we try to use isql to access the connection and we got error message as below: $ isql -v... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raymond p
2 Replies
SAFE_FINGER(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    SAFE_FINGER(8)

NAME
safe_finger - finger client wrapper that protects against nasty stuff from finger servers SYNOPSIS
safe_finger [finger_options] DESCRIPTION
The safe_finger command protects against nasty stuff from finger servers. Use this program for automatic reverse finger probes from the tcp_wrapper (tcpd) , not the raw finger command. The safe_finger command makes sure that the finger client is not run with root privileges. It also runs the finger client with a defined PATH environment. safe_finger will also protect you from problems caused by the output of some finger servers. The problem: some programs may react to stuff in the first column. Other programs may get upset by thrash anywhere on a line. File systems may fill up as the finger server keeps sending data. Text editors may bomb out on extremely long lines. The finger server may take forever because it is somehow wedged. safe_finger takes care of all this badness. SEE ALSO
hosts_access(5), hosts_options(5), tcpd(8) AUTHOR
Wietse Venema, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands. Linux 21th June 1997 SAFE_FINGER(8)