Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to post a new thread?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to post a new thread? Post 302963980 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 8th of January 2016 12:08:42 PM
Old 01-08-2016
Hello TuftyDave,

A warm welcome to forums, you could follow these steps.

Home(https://www.unix.com/) ---> Shell Programming and Scripting(https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/) ----> New Thread(at left side). Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,
R. Singh
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to post a thread

I am not getting post new thread button when i was logged in. tell me how to do this. i want to print data between two lines in a file into another file. which command should i use in UNIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamesh83
0 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Help I can not Post a Thread

I can not Post a Thread. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spiderman3k
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

i cannot able to post the thread

hi, Pls help me .. i cannot able to post the threads (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am_73798
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

help to post a thread

hi,, sorry, couldnt navigate myself to post a new thread, pls guide if possible Thanks santhosh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santy_33
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How do I post new thread

Can you tell me how to post a new thread? Please help me ASAP. Thanks, Dipakg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipakg
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to post a new thread

Im new to this forum. can you guide me how to post a new thread. Thanks in advance Hari (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari123
3 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can't post new thread

Hi, I've tried 3 times to post a new thread and for whatever reason it's not happening, hope you can help Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saddlerken
11 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

i can not post new thread

Hi scoot Hope you are doing well!! I didn't post any new thread, is their any problem in my access could you please check it and let me know. Previously posted threads was one of my interview question and i didn't understand how to solve , i am a new for shell script, i didn't find any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
2 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies
PTHREAD_SELF(3) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   PTHREAD_SELF(3)

NAME
pthread_self - obtain ID of the calling thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> pthread_t pthread_self(void); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_self() function returns the ID of the calling thread. This is the same value that is returned in *thread in the pthread_cre- ate(3) call that created this thread. RETURN VALUE
This function always succeeds, returning the calling thread's ID. ERRORS
This function always succeeds. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +---------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +---------------+---------------+---------+ |pthread_self() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +---------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. NOTES
POSIX.1 allows an implementation wide freedom in choosing the type used to represent a thread ID; for example, representation using either an arithmetic type or a structure is permitted. Therefore, variables of type pthread_t can't portably be compared using the C equality operator (==); use pthread_equal(3) instead. Thread identifiers should be considered opaque: any attempt to use a thread ID other than in pthreads calls is nonportable and can lead to unspecified results. Thread IDs are guaranteed to be unique only within a process. A thread ID may be reused after a terminated thread has been joined, or a detached thread has terminated. The thread ID returned by pthread_self() is not the same thing as the kernel thread ID returned by a call to gettid(2). SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_equal(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 PTHREAD_SELF(3)