Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increase space in /var
Operating Systems Solaris Increase space in /var Post 302963927 by Don Cragun on Friday 8th of January 2016 02:09:39 AM
Old 01-08-2016
There are no unused blocks on your disk; all blocks are allocated to existing partitions.

If you want to increase the size of /var and you want to keep it on this disk, you'll have to back up all of the partitions on your disk, reformat it with a larger partition for /var and a smaller partition for one or more of your other filesystems, and then reload the partitions you modified from your backups.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

increase /var on DG-UX box

Hello, I need to increase /var on a DG-UX R4.2 AViion Pentium Pro box - having never used DG-UX I'm unsure how to do this - can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, can I do it with the system up or do I have to take it to single user mode?? MAny thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnneliseW
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I increase disk space available to a directory?

I know very basic Unix commands s I would really appreacite the assistance of a Unix guru. I am installing an application on a Sun server, when attempting to install I get an error that says I do not have enough sapce allocated for my install directory. Error says it has 7235m but needs 15360m.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhack
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

increase fs /var

Question I am not a hp admin but aix admin. I am wondering if to increase the fs /var we really have to umount the fs so means stop the system ... just to do an extendlv ? It is what I saw on man page of extendlv and that surprise me. On aix we can dynamically increase a fs and with version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

4. AIX

chfs increase /var limit at 512mb?

Is there a limit of 512Mb when doing a "chfs -a size=XXXXX /myfs" ? I managed to increase /var to 512MB fine, no issues, then i wanted to increase /usr to 2Gb, but when i enter: # chfs -a size=2260992 /usr chfs: 0506-908 Cannot reduce size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Calculating Drive Space Increase

I trying to calculate drive space with RAID. I know the equation is: (n-1)/n * drive capacity but, when I use that my calculations don't come out when I compare to what I already know exists: I have 3 - 18.2gb SCSI drives that contain two logical drives C & D. Using the math, (3-1)/3 * 18.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JTalbot017
1 Replies

6. AIX

how to increase the space unix directores

Hi have IBM aix. unix my directories are full when i use $ df -k filesystem kbytes used avail capacity mounted on /dev/root 288880 288880 288880 100% / /proc 0 0 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosurya
4 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to increase space NCR 4.0

Hello, I have a little problem, I would like to know how to add disk space on an NCR version 4 and above all whether it still contains vdisk space smp001-4 4.0 3.0 /dev/dsk/vdisk15 3940505 3807833 132672 97% /data in the dktab : /dev/dsk/vdisk15 mirror 2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnetic
0 Replies

8. AIX

Increase for the Page space

Guy's This is our page space , i want some information about page space and I want the good way to how to increase the page space and what's the recommended page space that need to be configured Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type Chksum hd6 hdisk0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
8 Replies

9. Solaris

how to increase space in directory without reboot

hi friends, i am a new system adminstrator and i had a directory /h03 getting full at 95%, how do i give more space to bring down it to about 70% ? i cannot delete any files inside as it is all important to the applications /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 64G 60G 3.8G 95% /h03 any idea ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated # df -k /var Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/var 13241195 12475897 674524 96% /var # fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var ufs # pkginfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)