Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check more than 1 file specified files exists? Post 302963871 by disedorgue on Thursday 7th of January 2016 11:41:50 AM
Old 01-07-2016
Hi,
You can check as [ -e /$path/Output.log -a -e /$path/Output.tmp ]

Regards.
This User Gave Thanks to disedorgue For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW TO CHECK ONLY .C FILES EXISTS OR NOT IN A FOLDER using IF in C shell script?

Hi friends.. I hav a problem.... I dont know how to check .c files exists r not in a folder using IF in C shell script actually i tried like this if(=~ *.c) even though some .c files or there in the current folder..it is not entering int o the if control statement...... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.hemadrireddy
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Files to Dir and Check If File Exists

Hi everyone. I am trying to write a bash script that will copy files from one directory to another but I need to be able to check the directory that I'm copying the files to and see if the file already exists. If it does I need to add a number at the end of the copied file. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if files exists

i writing a program that checks if any .txt files exist in the current directory if it does, then it lists the files... i have got everything right, except the validation part doesnt work! .... if then ls *.txt else echo "file not found" everytime it tells me file not found!! by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if two files exists at the same time in one location

Hi friends, I am trying to check if the two files i am expecting are created in a specific location. if both files does not exist, do an echo if -a ]; then echo "files not found" fi It gives me the following message: bash: Please help! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists or not

Hi, I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory. i am trying below code but not working. File="/home/va59657/Account_20090213*.dat" echo "$File" if ]; then echo "file found" else echo "file not found" fi However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file exists

I need to check whether a file exists and has been changed. The file should contain a specific string. The file should also have been changed within the last ten seconds. How do I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Output(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Log::Dispatch::Output(3)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Output - Base class for all Log::Dispatch::* objects SYNOPSIS
package Log::Dispatch::MySubclass; use Log::Dispatch::Output; use base qw( Log::Dispatch::Output ); sub new { my $proto = shift; my $class = ref $proto || $proto; my %p = @_; my $self = bless {}, $class; $self->_basic_init(%p); # Do more if you like return $self; } sub log_message { my $self = shift; my %p = @_; # Do something with message in $p{message} } 1; DESCRIPTION
This module is the base class from which all Log::Dispatch::* objects should be derived. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor, "new", must be overridden in a subclass. See Output Classes for a description of the common parameters accepted by this constructor. METHODS
o _basic_init(%p) This should be called from a subclass's constructor. Make sure to pass the arguments in @_ to it. It sets the object's name and minimum level. It also sets up two other attributes which are used by other Log::Dispatch::Output methods, level_names and level_numbers. o name Returns the object's name. o min_level Returns the object's minimum log level. o max_level Returns the object's maximum log level. o accepted_levels Returns a list of the object's accepted levels (by name) from minimum to maximum. o log( level => $, message => $ ) Sends a message if the level is greater than or equal to the object's minimum level. This method applies any message formatting callbacks that the object may have. o _should_log ($) This method is called from the "log()" method with the log level of the message to be logged as an argument. It returns a boolean value indicating whether or not the message should be logged by this particular object. The "log()" method will not process the message if the return value is false. o _level_as_number ($) This method will take a log level as a string (or a number) and return the number of that log level. If not given an argument, it returns the calling object's log level instead. If it cannot determine the level then it will croak. o add_callback( $code ) Adds a callback (like those given during construction). It is added to the end of the list of callbacks. Subclassing This class should be used as the base class for all logging objects you create that you would like to work under the Log::Dispatch architecture. Subclassing is fairly trivial. For most subclasses, if you simply copy the code in the SYNOPSIS and then put some functionality into the "log_message" method then you should be all set. Please make sure to use the "_basic_init" method as directed. The actual logging implementation should be done in a "log_message" method that you write. Do not override "log"!. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.12.1 2009-09-22 Log::Dispatch::Output(3)