Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check more than 1 file specified files exists? Post 302963870 by girijajoshi on Thursday 7th of January 2016 11:27:31 AM
Old 01-07-2016
How to check more than 1 file specified files exists?

Hi all,

One of my script crated created 2 files in a dirs Output.log and Output.tmp. Now in another script i need to check if both of the above mentioned files are present in a directory or not.

I know to check one file [ -e /$path/Output.log ] but need to check both the files.

Anyone could please tell me how to do that?

thanks
--girija

Last edited by Don Cragun; 01-13-2016 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: Add ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW TO CHECK ONLY .C FILES EXISTS OR NOT IN A FOLDER using IF in C shell script?

Hi friends.. I hav a problem.... I dont know how to check .c files exists r not in a folder using IF in C shell script actually i tried like this if(=~ *.c) even though some .c files or there in the current folder..it is not entering int o the if control statement...... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.hemadrireddy
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Files to Dir and Check If File Exists

Hi everyone. I am trying to write a bash script that will copy files from one directory to another but I need to be able to check the directory that I'm copying the files to and see if the file already exists. If it does I need to add a number at the end of the copied file. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if files exists

i writing a program that checks if any .txt files exist in the current directory if it does, then it lists the files... i have got everything right, except the validation part doesnt work! .... if then ls *.txt else echo "file not found" everytime it tells me file not found!! by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if two files exists at the same time in one location

Hi friends, I am trying to check if the two files i am expecting are created in a specific location. if both files does not exist, do an echo if -a ]; then echo "files not found" fi It gives me the following message: bash: Please help! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists or not

Hi, I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory. i am trying below code but not working. File="/home/va59657/Account_20090213*.dat" echo "$File" if ]; then echo "file found" else echo "file not found" fi However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file exists

I need to check whether a file exists and has been changed. The file should contain a specific string. The file should also have been changed within the last ten seconds. How do I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies
DIFF3(1)							   User Commands							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - compare three files line by line SYNOPSIS
diff3 [OPTION]... MYFILE OLDFILE YOURFILE DESCRIPTION
Compare three files line by line. -e --ed Output unmerged changes from OLDFILE to YOURFILE into MYFILE. -E --show-overlap Output unmerged changes, bracketing conflicts. -A --show-all Output all changes, bracketing conflicts. -x --overlap-only Output overlapping changes. -X Output overlapping changes, bracketing them. -3 --easy-only Output unmerged nonoverlapping changes. -m --merge Output merged file instead of ed script (default -A). -L LABEL --label=LABEL Use LABEL instead of file name. -i Append `w' and `q' commands to ed scripts. -a --text Treat all files as text. -T --initial-tab Make tabs line up by prepending a tab. --diff-program=PROGRAM Use PROGRAM to compare files. -v --version Output version info. --help Output this help. If a FILE is `-', read standard input. AUTHOR
Written by Randy Smith. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of this program under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for diff3 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and diff3 programs are properly installed at your site, the command info diff should give you access to the complete manual. diffutils 2.8.1 April 2002 DIFF3(1)