Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need to use fgrep and egrep in a single command Post 302963844 by gotamp on Thursday 7th of January 2016 06:52:45 AM
Old 01-07-2016
Need to use fgrep and egrep in a single command

I have a source file which is something like :
Code:
C/*M/  /            ***HMACCT   ** MONTH FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY
C/*D/  /            ***HMACCT   ** DAY FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY
C/*X/  /            ***HMACCT   ** CENTURY FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY
C/*Y/  /            ***HMACCT   ** YEAR FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY
C/+D/  /            ***HMCAG    ** DAY FOR CURRENT PLUS 1 BUSINESS DAY
C/+M/  /            ***HMCAG    ** MONTH FOR CURR PLUS 1 BUSINESS DAY
C/+T/  /            ***HMCAG    ** CENTURY FOR CURR PLUS 1 BUSINESS DAY
C/+Y/  /            ***HMCAG    ** YEAR FOR CURRT PLUS 1 BUSINESS DAY
C/=M/  /                        ** MONTH FOR CURRENT PLUS 2 CAL DAY
C/=D/  /                        ** DAY FOR CURRENT PLUS 2 CAL DAY
C/=Z/  /                        ** CENTURY FOR CURRENT PLUS 2 CAL DAY
C/=Y/  /                        ** YEAR FOR CURRENT PLUS 2 CAL DAY

I need to find out whether there is any line present with
HTML Code:
*D or *X or *M
since there is a *, i am using fgrep to find exact match when i am searching for just one match
Code:
$fgrep "*M"  $SEQFILES/SUNIA.PJ008202.CARDLIB/DATECARD
C/*M/  /            ***HMACCT   ** MONTH FOR CURRENT MINUS 14 CAL DAY

however when i am trying to search for multiple matches
Code:
fgrep "*M |*D" $SEQFILES/SUNIA.PJ008202.CARDLIB/DATECARD

it does not work..no result
Any suggestions please !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep command

I'd like to grep a pattern of a version number as *_number.number.number number should be digit my grep is |egrep '^*++\.+' It works for V_3.2.1 or V _5.3.2 but not with V_43.6.543 !!!!! How can I specify any repetition of digit in the ? thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annelisa
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of fgrep -f command in kshell

Hi, Can I know the usage of fgrep -f command in kshell. Reqirement: Need to search for list of patterns in list of files and display all the files which are having atleast one in the patterns list. I hope fgrep -f will serve this purpose within a loop. But I am not successfull in doing this.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: divv
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Difference grep, egrep and fgrep

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me the difference between grep, egrep and fgrep with examples. I am new to unix environment.. Your help is highly appreciated. Regards, ravi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravind27
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep command

Hi All, I am using egrep command to search one pattern. Following is the command i am using egrep -i "ACL*" filename but its also giving me the records which do not contain ACL. any help would be appreciated. Regards, Sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fgrep command

How can we use fgrep command to search pattern on perticular field on a file. eg : I have a parren file having format cat patternfile SPA16S199982 SPA5S26330 I want to seach these pattern on FIRST field of File2(since other field has same data) and that too maching entirely. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/fgrep/egrep for a very large matrix

All, I have a problem with grep/fgrep/egrep. Basically I am building a 200 times 200 correlation matrix. The entries of this matrix need to be retrieved from another very large matrix (~100G). I tried to use the grep/fgrep/egrep to locate each entry and put them into one file. It looks very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: realwindfly
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Using fgrep Command with pattern file option

Hi, i am using fgrep command with following syntax fgrep -v -f pattern_file_name file file contains few line and have the pattern which i am giving in pattern file. My Problem is : its is not giving any output. while i am using fgrep -f pattern_file_name file it is showing all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emresearch
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep command

cat /tmp/inventory.csv|grep AARP|egrep -v "T11|12.4\(7\)" how do i exclude in addition to above 12.4\(3\) I have tried adding this in i.e -v "T11|12.4\(7\)|12.4\(3\)" but it did not work (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep command

Hello folks, Here's how my current egrep command works: egrep "NY|DC|LA|VA|MD" state_data.txt I am planning to use a file to enter all allowable state values like say a new state_names.lookup with the following data: NY DC LA VA MD egrep "`cat state_names.lookup`"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

fgrep command: Perl programming help needed..Kindly advise

Hi, I am novice in PERL enviornment. I have a text files withso many entries in rows and columns. I have to pick up entries named as "Uniprot ID" in the file and create a new text file with list of particular Uniprot ID entries. Can anybody guide regarding this.. I came to know abut fgrep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies
BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-datepage.cgi - Xymon CGI script to view pre-built reports by date SYNOPSIS
bb-datepage.cgi?type={day,week,month} --url=URLPREFIX [options] DESCRIPTION
bb-datepage.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-datepage.sh CGI wrapper. bb-datepage.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the type of time-selection that is desired: Either "day", "week" or "month" can be requested. It will then generate a web form with appropriate day/week/month selection boxes, and based on the users' selec- tion a resulting url is built from the URLPREFIX and the time selection. The browser is then redirected to this URL. The URL is constructed from the URLPREFIX, the type-parameter, the value of the "pagepath" or "host" cookie, and the users' selection as follows: type=day The final URL is URLPREFIX/daily/YEAR/MONTH/DAY/PAGEPATH. type=week The final URL is URLPREFIX/weekly/YEAR/WEEK/PAGEPATH. type=month The final URL is URLPREFIX/monthly/YEAR/MONTH/PAGEPATH. YEAR is the full year (4 digits, including century). MONTH is the two-digit number of the month (01..12). DAY is the number of the day in the month (01..31). WEEK is the ISO 8601:1988 week-number (01..53). PAGEPATH is the current value of the "pagepath" cookie if set; if it is not set but the "host" cookie is set, then this host is looked up in the bb-hosts file and the page where this host is found is used for PAGEPATH. These two cookies are set by the default web-header templates supplied with Xymon. OPTIONS
--url=URLPREFIX This specifies the initial part of the final URL. This option is required. --hffile=FILENAME Specifies the template files (from $BBHOME/web/) to use. The default is "--hffile=report". --color=COLOR Sets the background color of the generated webpage. The default is blue. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment defined in FILENAME before executing the CGI script. --debug Enables debugging output. $BBHOME/web/report_form_daily HTML form template for the date selection form when type=daily. $BBHOME/web/report_form_weekly HTML form template for the date selection form when type=weekly. $BBHOME/web/report_form_monthly HTML form template for the date selection form when type=monthly. $BBHOME/web/report_header HTML header file for the generated web page $BBHOME/web/report_footer HTML footer file for the generated web page ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBHOME Used to locate the template files for the generated web pages. QUERY_STRING Contains the parameters for the CGI script. SEE ALSO
bbgen(1), bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-DATEPAGE.CGI(1)