Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Using Another Account as Internet Proxy Post 302963771 by gmark99 on Tuesday 5th of January 2016 08:37:44 PM
Old 01-05-2016
Well, I have to assume Comcast will fix this eventually, so I'm not interested at the moment in solving that problem, only getting a workaround.

It's ONLY a problem for those particular IP addresses.

What I'm interested in now is applying that "hairpin" scheme I'm using for ssh/sftp/CLI to solve the issue for web browser access.

I have the resources and the external server -- how do I use them?

---------- Post updated at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:31 PM ----------

Well, again -- this is just a workaround. It occurs to us that regardless of whether this problem is fixed or not, we should have a workaround like this in case something similar happens in the future.

Essentially what we're looking for is a sort of "man in the middle" arrangement, so as to minimize the user's requirement to be aware of it.

We'd like to install something on our proxy that simply forwards the http traffic packets that should go from A to C and can't, and just sends A to B to C and then C to B to A. I suppose there's some technical name for that, but that's the pretty simple idea.

Is there a software app that does that? Is that just the definition of a "proxy"?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Setting up an Internet proxy

Setting up an Internet proxy - need help Hi guys In the past I had set a computer to act as an Internet proxy. This would be multihomed, and running dansguardian, tinyproxy and firehol. Then webmin would be used as interface. By time I realised that this system is far from effective.... Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramon82
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a stable proxy server or free ssh account to visit blocked sites, who can help?

In our country, blogspot.com, twitter.com facebook.com....and more excellent sites are blocked by the Goverment FireWall, who can help me ? thanks a lot for your kind. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuke
2 Replies

4. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

SQUID proxy : How do I limit internet connectivity to X hrs/day

Hi Everyone! A friend of mine is looking for a way to limit time his kids spent on the internet. I told him he should try out Squid proxy server. He now tries to find a way to limit total time spend on the internet to "X" hours a day, at any time during the day. I remember there are built-in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: togr
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Connecting via proxy chain to Upstream proxy

I need to configure a proxy on my local machine to use an upstream proxy (installed on another machine). The upstream proxy requires Digest/NTLM authorization. I want the local proxy to deal with the upstream proxy's authorization details and provides authorization free access to users that connect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Russel
0 Replies
Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm)

NAME
Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp - Net::Proxy connector for standard tcp proxies SYNOPSIS
# sample proxy using Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp use Net::Proxy; my $proxy = Net::Proxy->new( in => { type => tcp, port => '6789' }, out => { type => tcp, host => 'remotehost', port => '9876' }, ); $proxy->register(); Net::Proxy->mainloop(); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp" is a connector for handling basic, standard TCP connections. CONNECTOR OPTIONS
The connector accept the following options: "in" o host The listening address. If not given, the default is "localhost". o port The listening port. "out" o host The remote host. o port The remote port. o timeout The socket timeout for connection ("out" only). AUTHOR
Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, "<book@cpan.org>". COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-18 Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm)