Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo -s restriction
Operating Systems Solaris Sudo -s restriction Post 302963747 by neutronscott on Tuesday 5th of January 2016 12:47:44 PM
Old 01-05-2016
From the manual:

Code:
Cmnd_Alias	SHELLS = /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/ksh,\
			 /usr/local/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/rsh,\
			 /usr/local/bin/zsh

%wheel ALL = ALL, !SHELLS

This should help the casual sneaky. You'd need to makes changes though depending on what your /etc/sudoers looks like now and what shells you've available.
This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restriction for more than one user

How do l restrict more than one users on a multiple programming environment using the c shell profile. That is if a user is log-on on one terminal the system should be able to prompt a message if the users attempt to log on on another terminal. I user openserver 5.0.4 with dummy terminals, and also... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restriction to User

Dear all, I am trying to create a new user account that can have the minimum access to the HP-Ux box, as in it only need to perform system info query like bdf and only able to read access system log files but not able to delete any file from any other directory beside it's own user directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Directory restriction warning

Platform: AIX Shell: KSH Does anyone have a good way of warning users that when they do a 'vi' in a certain directory that they cannot save any changes in that directory. For instance, if I have a production id that has all scripts in /myprod/dir, and if anyone comes to this directory and does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giannicello
1 Replies

4. Solaris

FTP Restriction

I have a senario and i wonder how to do it ? i used NcFTPd and i dont think its applicable using that application or i didnt know how to configure it. i want to have a user for FTP that user is only restricted to put and get from a certain directory and all sub-directories for that directory,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
0 Replies

5. AIX

user session restriction

I want to restrict user's loging according to number of session. example the user named "patrik" can be login concurrently from 12 stations thru telnet the 13th if some body tries to telnet 13th session it should not allow, until any of the 12 sessions are closed. is it possibel ...i think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
2 Replies

6. AIX

user session restriction

hi, I am facing a problem from the remote system if i login to my AIX5.3 machine as root (thru telnet) the session does not expire for 2 hours even if the session is kept ideal But whenever i do the same thing from some other user then the session is lost within 10 minutes (if session is kept... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User restriction

Dear All I had one user called msc. In that i had two folder.xxx and yyy ex: /home/msc/xxx ex: /home/msc/yyy Now i want that msc user only able to access xxx folder only. No other folder should be visible to it. Kindly let me know. How it possile?? Regards Jaydeep (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

8. AIX

Print queue restriction

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3, I have a print queue named chqprinter, I want to allow access to print only 2 users to that print queue, jobs printed by all other users to above queue should be deleted. Any idea how to achieve that? ---------- Post updated at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a new user with restriction

Hello, I would to create a new user with some restriction: 1. The user will not be able to CD any directory (I mean he'll login to the defined home directory and that's all). 2. The user will not be able to delete anything in that home directory Thanks a lot in advance, Shahar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaharoz
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies
bioutil(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						bioutil(1)

NAME
bioutil -- tool for viewing/changing Touch ID configuration and listing/deleting enrolled fingerprints SYNOPSIS
bioutil {-r | -w [-f { 0 | 1 }] [-u { 0 | 1 }] [-a { 0 | 1 }]} | [-c] | [-p] | [-d <uid>] [-s] DESCRIPTION
bioutil provides the possibility of viewing and changing Touch ID configuration, both system-wide and user-specific. It also allows listing and deleting enrolled fingerprints. OPTIONS
-r, --read Read Touch ID configuration. -w, --write Write Touch ID configuration. -s, --system Indicates that system-wide configuration is to be read/written (user-specific configuration is the default) or that a system-wide list/delete operation is to be performed. -f, --function Enables (1) or disables (0) overall Touch ID functionality (system-wide configuration only). -u, --unlock Enables (1) or disables (0) Touch ID for unlock. -a, --applepay Enables (1) or disables (0) Touch ID for ApplePay (user-specific configuration only). -c, --count Provides number of enrolled fingerprints of the current user or of all users (when run with -s as an administrator) -p, --purge Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the current user or of all users (when run with -s as an administrator) -d, --delete Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the user with given user ID (must be run as an administrator) EXAMPLES
bioutil -r Reads Touch ID configuration for the current user. bioutil -r -s Reads system-wide Touch ID configuration. bioutil -w -u 1 Enables Touch ID for unlock for the current user. sudo bioutil -w -s -u 0 Disables Touch ID for unlock for the whole system. bioutil -c Prints the number of enrolled fingerprints of the current user. bioutil -p Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the current user. sudo bioutil -c -s Prints numbers of enrolled fingerprints of all enrolled users. sudo bioutil -p -s Deletes all fingerprints from the system. sudo bioutil -s -d 501 Deletes all fingerprints of user 501. Darwin May 31, 2019 Darwin