Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Virtualizing Physical Machine Post 302963626 by rbatte1 on Monday 4th of January 2016 12:04:30 PM
Old 01-04-2016
It depends what network needs you have for all the LPARs, and if they will use separate physical network cards, or share them.

You could create a virtual interface using two physical cards, one attached to each VIO server and then share that to the AIX LPARs, but it really depends on your needs.

Can you elaborate a bit more?

Thanks,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find the number of physical processors and architecture in a hp-ux machine

Hi, I have two questions here. I need to find out the number of physical processors the HP-UX operating system is running in. Here i am referring to the physical processors in a system and not the number of cores. I can get the number of cores using the command 'ioscan -fnkC processor'.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawshank
7 Replies

4. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with old DG/UX machine, virtualizing?

Hey all, We have an old Data General Unix system (DG/UX) on an old AViiON machine. That DG system is Intel-based (PentiumPro) and we are trying to virtualize / emulate it. DG was a clever system, as it cannot be installed on a 'regular' x86 machine, only on an AViiON box. I think I figured out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgux
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtualizing SCO v5 - interesting project/nightmare, could use some help

same old story, we have an important very old app running on SCO 5, box is only on LAN and as such was never updated by anyone etc.. box is nearing its end of life in a bad way (currently experiencing some SCSI issues) and it's time to do something when good advice of "lets upgrade" for years was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mc18
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to count number of physical and virtual processors on Solaris machine.?

hi, I am using command psrinfo -p to check the number of physical processors present on any soalris machine.I want to check the number of virtual processors assigned for particular solaris machine. which command/set of command need to be used which can grep or show the total virtual processors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check everything are migrated after the physical to vmware virtual machine?

I have a physical machine , just use vmware tools migrated data to virtual machine . how can I check these two servers - old and new server , the data are the same , all files are copy to new server ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find whether Solaris installed on physical machine or on a VMware/KVM?

Hi All, . I am trying to find whether Solaris 11 installed on physical server or on VMware/KVM. I tried uname -a but it's giving only whether i installed on X86 or sparc machine. I tried prtdiag command but it's giving below information. command : prtdiag -v |grep "System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
pnm2ppa(5 Feb 2000)													       pnm2ppa(5 Feb 2000)

NAME
pbm2ppa - convert portable bitmap (PBM) to HP's Printing Performance Architecture (PPA) file format SYNOPSIS
pbm2ppa [options] [ <infile] > [ <outfile]> ] ] DESCRIPTION
Reads portable bitmap (PBM) format as input. Outputs a stream suitable for processing by Hewlett-Packard's range of Printing Performance Architecture (PPA) printers. pnm2ppa supports the HP 710c, 712c, 720c, 722c, 820c, and 1000c series printers. (Portable bitmap (PBM) format output can be produced from PostScript(tm) input by the GhostScript driver "pbmraw".) OPTIONS
infile Input file infile is either a path to a file or device, or '-' to indicate stdin (defaults to stdin) outfile Output file outfile is either a path to a file or device, or '-' to indicate stdout (defaults to stdout) -b bottommargin Sets the bottom margin bottommargin in units of 1/600 inches (e.g., -b 150 = 0.25") -d Displays the current configuration -f configfile Overrides reading the configuration from /etc/pnm2ppa.conf, and uses configfile instead. -h Displays program usage -l leftmargin Sets the left margin leftmargin in units of 1/600 inches (e.g., -l 150 = 0.25") -r rightmargin Sets the right margin rightmargin in units of 1/600 inches (e.g., -r 150 = 0.25") -s papersize Sets the paper size. Possible values for papersize are a4 (A4), letter or us (US Letter, 8.5"x11"), and legal (US Legal, 8.5"x14"). The default is US Letter. -t topmargin Sets the top margin topmargin in units of 1/600 inches (ie -t 150 = 0.25") -v printertype Selects the printer model. Possible values of printertype are: 710, 712, 720, 722, 820 and 1000. The default is the HP DeskJet 7X0 Series (710, 712, 720, 722). -x xoffset Sets the x-offset xoffset from the left of the page. Units are 1/600 inches -y yoffset Sets the y-offset yoffset from the top of the page. Units are 1/600 inches NOTES
The configuration file is read in first. Command line arguments then modify the resulting definitions. The -x and -y options accumulate. The -v option resets all definitions back to an inbuilt default for that printer and should be used before subsequent -b -l -r, -t, -x, and -y arguments. SEE ALSO
pbm(5) FILES
/etc/pbm2ppa.conf Default configuration file AUTHOR
This code is licensed under the GNU Public License version 2. See LICENSE for details. (c) 1998 Tim Norman HISTORY
This program was written by Tim Norman. It originally supported black and white output on the 820 series. This program is almost obsolete; its successor pnm2ppa will support color printing. BUGS
This is a stable driver, but does not support color printing. pnm2ppa(5 Feb 2000)