Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thank you members and admins
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Thank you members and admins Post 302963579 by wisecracker on Sunday 3rd of January 2016 01:59:12 PM
Old 01-03-2016
Hi Peasant...

It goes without saying that if it wasn't for the big guns on here I would not be where I am now with shell scripting.

I too thank them for investing their time, as time on planet Earth is a very limited commodity to we humans and once lost it can never be retrieved.

Like you I truly believe in giving away knowledge where I can and hope I have been of use to this community in the 3(ish) years I have been a member.
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Admins >

Just wanted to say great website and thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

admins and moderators..

hi admins and moderators, thread :https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=20620 my first thread in the forum.. i thought of some other answer. i like to tell you to delete that thread.. or tell anyother answer.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Guides for new HPC admins

In my company, it's fallen on me to serve as the admin of our new HPC cluster, a task that's very new to me. It's very important to me to lay a solid foundation and avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. So, can anyone recommend a succinct guide or list of do's-and-don'ts for adiminstering an HPC cluster?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBryan
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

For the Admins, rouge advert(s)...

Hi guys this problem exists on all my machines... Windows 8.1, Ubuntu, iMac and this MBP. All use fireFox, latest current version. If I log in there is NOT a problem. I usually enter this site as an outsider and I have noticed that there is some rouge code and/or advert that slows the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
5 Replies
planets(1)						      General Commands Manual							planets(1)

NAME
planets - Gravitational simulation of planetary bodies DESCRIPTION
Planets is a simple interactive program for playing with simulations of planetary systems. It is great teaching tool for understanding how gravitation works on a planetary level. The user interface is aimed at being simple enough for a fairly young kid can get some joy of it. There's also a special kid-mode aimed at very young children which grabs the focus and converts key banging into lots of random planets. KEYBINDINGS
Universe definition a Add Planet j Place random orbital planet r Place random planet u Undo (undoes last planet insertion) e Reset to empty universe g Go Back (goes back to just after last planet insertion) Mouse Click on a planet to delete it Physics b Toggle bounce (experimental) Display control Cursor keys Panning c, Space Move display to center of mass x Initiate center of mass tracking = Zoom in - Zoom out p Toggle Pause o Change all colors randomly t Toggle Trace d Double Trace Length h Halve Trace Length Mouse Drag a box around a set of planets to follow the center of mass of those planets Program control H Display help dialog k Display option dialog Ctrl-Shift-k Toggle kid-mode. Kid mode locks the keyboard and mouse, so the only way to get out is to toggle kid-mode again to get out. l Load Universe After pressing l, press any other character to load the universe with that name. Universes are stored in ~/.planets/ . s Save Universe After pressing s, press any other character to save the universe with that name. Universes are saved in ~/.planets/ . q, Esc Quit TECHNICAL DETAILS
Planets uses a fourth-order runge-kutta approximation for the simulation itself. Planet bouncing is achieved by adding a repulsive force to planets at close quarters. Planets is fairly flexible: you can change the gravitational constant, the time-slice of the simulation, and even the exponent used in the gravitational law. Universes are saved in the ~/.planets directory, and are simple human readable and editable files. BUGS
Currently bouncing doesn't work very well unless you make the time-slice quite small. Ideally, it would be nice to have a billiard-style bounce system, but it's not clear how to do this accurately in the presence of a strong gravitational field. AUTHOR
Planets was written by Yaron M. Minsky <yminsky@cs.cornell.edu> as a gift for his nephew, Eyal Minsky-Fenick. This manpage was contributed originally by Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). April 20, 2003 planets(1)