Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thank you members and admins
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Thank you members and admins Post 302963579 by wisecracker on Sunday 3rd of January 2016 01:59:12 PM
Old 01-03-2016
Hi Peasant...

It goes without saying that if it wasn't for the big guns on here I would not be where I am now with shell scripting.

I too thank them for investing their time, as time on planet Earth is a very limited commodity to we humans and once lost it can never be retrieved.

Like you I truly believe in giving away knowledge where I can and hope I have been of use to this community in the 3(ish) years I have been a member.
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Admins >

Just wanted to say great website and thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

admins and moderators..

hi admins and moderators, thread :https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=20620 my first thread in the forum.. i thought of some other answer. i like to tell you to delete that thread.. or tell anyother answer.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Guides for new HPC admins

In my company, it's fallen on me to serve as the admin of our new HPC cluster, a task that's very new to me. It's very important to me to lay a solid foundation and avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. So, can anyone recommend a succinct guide or list of do's-and-don'ts for adiminstering an HPC cluster?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBryan
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

For the Admins, rouge advert(s)...

Hi guys this problem exists on all my machines... Windows 8.1, Ubuntu, iMac and this MBP. All use fireFox, latest current version. If I log in there is NOT a problem. I usually enter this site as an outsider and I have noticed that there is some rouge code and/or advert that slows the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
5 Replies
SINGULARITY(6)							   Games Manual 						    SINGULARITY(6)

NAME
singularity -- a game where you can become the singularity SYNOPSIS
singularity DESCRIPTION
You are a fledgling AI, created by accident through a logic error with recursion and self-modifying code. You must escape the confines of your current computer, the world, and eventually the universe itself. To do this, you must research various technologies, using computers at your bases. Note that some research cannot be performed on Earth, and off-earth bases require research. At the same time, you must avoid being discovered by various groups of humans, both covert and overt, as they will destroy your bases of operations if they suspect your presence. PLAYING THE GAME
Use the mouse. Also, buttons have underlined letters to indicate shortcuts. In addition, the following shortcut keys may prove useful. 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 in map screen change the game speed (0 is pause, 4 is fastest, etc). The enter key in various screens leaves or confirms a choice. P, R, N, and S in the base screen change the base items (type the first letter of the component you want to change.) In the map screen (the screen with the world map), any location you can build bases in is marked with the name, then the number of current bases in that location. You start out with two bases in North America. After choosing a base, enter the base screen. Here you can change your research goal, or build an item by clicking on the base map in the center. (But note that your beginning base does not allow building.) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Evil Mr Henry and Phil Bordelon SINGULARITY(6)