Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: Combine multiple lines based on number of fields Post 302963519 by Scrutinizer on Friday 1st of January 2016 06:33:08 AM
Old 01-01-2016
@Ravinder: Both of these methods will fail if the last line contains 4 fields...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to (n)awk lines of CSV with certain number of fields?

I have a CSV file with a variable number of fields per record. How do I print lines of a certain number of fields only? Several permutations of the following (including the use of escape characters) have failed to retrieve the line I'm after (1,2,3,4)... $ cat myfile 1,2,3,4 1,2,3 $ # Print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Duplicate lines multiple times based on a calculated value

Hi, I'm trying to create an XML sitemap of our dynamic ecommerce sites SEO Friendly URLs and am trying to create the initial page listing. I have a CSV file that looks like the following and need duplicate the lines based on a value which needs calculating. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesfx
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine two files based on fields?

I have two files which are as follows: File 1: 1 abc 250 2 pqr 300 3 xyz 100 File 2: 1 abc 230 2 pqr 700 3 xyz 500 Now I need output File, File 3as: S.No Name Count1 Count2 1 abc 250 230 2 pqr 300 700 3 xyz 100 500 NOTE: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple lines in file based on specific field

Hi, I have an issue to combine multiple lines of a file. I have records as below. Fields are delimited by TAB. Each lines are ending with a new line char (\n) Input -------- ABC 123456 abcde 987 890456 7890 xyz ght gtuv ABC 5tyin 1234 789 ghty kuio ABC ghty jind 1234 678 ght ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheesh2011
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split lines without knowing the number of fields a-priori

I want to use awk to split fields and put them into a file but I don't know the number of fields for example, in the following line Ports: 22/filtered/tcp//ssh///, 53/open/tcp//tcpwrapped///, 111/filtered/tcp//rpcbind///, 543/filtered/tcp//klogin///, 544/filtered/tcp//kshell///,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple unique lines from event log text file into one line, use PERL or AWK?

I can't decide if I should use AWK or PERL after pouring over these forums for hours today I decided I'd post something and see if I couldn't get some advice. I've got a text file full of hundreds of events in this format: Record Number : 1 Records in Seq : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mayday22
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk joining multiple lines based on field count

Hi Folks, I have a file with fields as follows which has last field in multiple lines. I would like to combine a line which has three fields with single field line for as shown in expected output. Please help. INPUT hname01 windows appnamec1eda_p1, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines if fields match in lines

In the awk below, what I am attempting to do is check each line in the tab-delimeted input, which has ~20 lines in it, for a keyword SVTYPE=Fusion. If the keyword is found I am splitting $3 using the . (dot) and reading the portion before and after the dot in an array a. If it does have that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
jclassinfo(1)							       utils							     jclassinfo(1)

NAME
jclassinfo - Provides information for Java class files. SYNOPSIS
jclassinfo [option] {classname | filename} DESCRIPTION
jclassinfo reads a class file and provides all sorts of information about it. file can be - then jclassinfo reads a classfile from stan- dard input. OPTIONS
--help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. --bootclasspath=<path> The path used to search for VM bootstrap classes. --classpath=<path> The path used to search for the class if a class name is given. --xml Output xml (experimental). --all Prints all information for the class. --general-info Prints some general information about the class. --constant-pool Print constant pool. --visibility=<public | package | protected | private | synthetic> The visibility to use when printing class fields/methods. --fields Print fields. --methods Print methods. --disasm Enable code disassembly for methods (if compiled with disassembly support). --verbose Show exception table and max stack and max locals for methods. --method-debug-info Show line numbers and local variables for methods. --attributes Print class attributes. --packages Print packages referenced. --classes Print classes/interfaces referenced. --methods-ref Print methods referenced. --find-class {classname} Find the file(s) that contains the given class(es). --recursive Scan dependencies recursively. --quiet Supress status messages. FILES
No configuration files for the time being. ENVIRONMENT
CLASSPATH is used to find classes if a class name is given instead of the filename. The --classpath option can be used to override this. JAVA_HOME is used to find the default bootstrap classpath. The default bootstrap classes are assumed to be in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/rt.jar. The --bootclasspath option can be used to override this. EXAMPLES
To see what packages a class uses: jclassinfo --packages /usr/share/java/MyClass.class To see what packages the classes in myproject folder use: jclassinfo --packages myproject/*.class AUTHORS
Nicos Panayides <anarxia@gmx.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs in http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=74004&atid=539646 SEE ALSO
javap(1), jcf-dump(1) jclassinfo 0.19 jclassinfo(1)