Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep with Regular expression now working on file directories Post 302963410 by sea on Wednesday 30th of December 2015 06:58:40 AM
Old 12-30-2015
Try:
Code:
sed s,";","\n",g sam1

hth

EDIT:

And to save it in the same file:
Code:
sed s,";","\n",g -i sam1

Or, to save as another file:
Code:
sed s,";","\n",g sam1 > sam2

Last edited by sea; 12-30-2015 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: Removed the unrequired '\b' from $regex ;)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep : regular expression

guys, my requirment goes like this: I have a file, and wish to filter out records where 1. The first letter is o or O and 2. The next 4 following letter should not be ther I do not wish to use pipe and wish to do it in one shot. The best expression I came up with is: grep ^*... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create directories with regular expression

Hi guys, can any one tell me how to create directories using regular expression? Let's say that I need to create directories test01, test02, test03.... test10. Can it be done using any regular expression? thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrt
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression not working.

Hi, I have to match a certain pattern of string in my shell script: 6.0.4.11.9 7.5.1.7.1 First Number can be 6 or 7 Second number can be 0 or 5 Rest all numbers can be between 1-99 I am using following egrep: egrep ^\.\.\.\.\$ filename But why is the above regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using regular expression for directories in find command

Hi, I want to find the files available in a directory /var/user/*/*/data/. I tried using the command "find /var/user/ -path '*/*/data/ -name '*' -type f" it says find: 0652-017 -path is not a valid option and then i tried using "find /var/user/ -name '*/*/data/*' -type f" but its not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothbabu12
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and regular expression

Hi, I am executing a svnlook command to check to see if the following line exists. I need a regular expression to represent the line. A /test/test1/qa/test2/index.html A /test/test1/qa/test3/test.jpg A /test/test1/qa/test3/test1.jpg A /test/test1/qa/test4/test.swf I just need to extract... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kminkeller
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep and regular expression to find class references in a c++ file

I'm trying to math all class references in a C++ file using grep with regular expression. I'm trying to know if a specific include is usuless or not, so I have to know if there is a refence in cpp. I wrote this RE that searches for a reference from class ABCZ, but unfortunately it isn't working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: passerby
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grep / regular expression

Hi, Input file: -13- -1er- -1xyz1- -1xz12- -2ab1- -2ab2-- -143- Code: grep '^*\-' input.txt Wrong output: -13- -1xyz1- -2ab1- -2ab2-- (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression not working with sed

Hi All, I am facing some problems with regular expression with sed. I have a .txt file with the contents as below: This is a dummy file # File created to test execution of regular expression. Hope it works out. As in the above contents there is a blank line which does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
4 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SHELL: UNIX : Ls regular expression not working when used with variables

If i do below command in unix prompt which static values (ie 27..97), it is working fine and gives desired output >ls -d $WORKDIR/batch/somefilename_{27..97}.* 2>/dev/null somefilename_27.sometxt somefilename_28.sometxt somefilename_29.sometxt .. somefilename_97.sometxt But if i want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiderali
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)