Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Long file record
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Long file record Post 302963370 by Aia on Tuesday 29th of December 2015 03:06:11 PM
Old 12-29-2015
Please, try

Code:
while IFS= read linea

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Record too long for awk

I am trying to generate a small report with the help of awk. The contents are present in a file whose last line is very long. I can't shorten this line as its generated after a lot of processing. On reading this file awk says record "starting of line ..." too long record number 30 Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record Length too long -- AWK Problem

Hi All, I have a txt file which is an export of a query result from the database. The txt file contains 'Processid#sqlquery' from the database table.As the sqlquery is too long.... i am unable to get the fields seperated using the awk script as below:- cat sql.txt | awk -F'#' '{printf $2}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatajay_18
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a record and adding a record to a file

Hi, I am new to UNIX scripting and woiuld appreicate your help... Input file contains only one (but long) record: aaaaabbbbbcccccddddd..... Desired file: NEW RECORD #new record (hardcoded) added as first record - its length is irrelevant# aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd ... ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsolap
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read record by record from a file in unix

Hi guys, i have a big file with the following format.This includes header(H),detail(D) and trailer(T) information in the file.My problem is i have to search for the character "6h" at 14 th and 15 th position in all the records .if it is there i have to write all those records into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raoscb
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split long record into csv file

Hi I receive a mainframe file which has very long records (1100 chars) with no field delimiters. I need to parse each record and output a comma delimited (csv) file. The record layout is fixed. If there weren't so many fields and records I would read the file into Excel, as a "fixed width"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine differient IP in a very long record.

Hi Everyone, I have a txt file with 40k lines. 111 1.1.1.1 111 1.1.1.1 111 2.2.2.2 111 1.1.1.1 111 1.1.1.1 How would use perl to easy have IP list, the final result will be: 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2, I can only think using if to determine one by one through all 40k, this is working, but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record too long error while running awk

I have written below script to add substring in a file containing fixed length record, but when I run below script I get error as: ERROR: awk: record `22503004502488344040...' too long My fixed length record has length around 2000, each file is having 5000 records and total number of files is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk: record too long

Hi All , I am getting record too long for the below command . nawk -F\" '{a=a" "$2} END{for(i in a) print i,a }' test|sort|awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) t=t"\t"$i;if(NF>max)max=NF} END{for(i=1;i<=max;i++)print t }' File test has 850 records ... Please help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies
fixsub(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixsub(3alleg4)

NAME
fixsub - Safe function to subtract fixed point numbers clamping underflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixsub(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be subtracted with the normal '-' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 4965 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(-31000), itofix(3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of subtracting `y' from `x', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixsub(3alleg4)