Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Just installed El Capitan...
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Just installed El Capitan... Post 302963269 by Neo on Sunday 27th of December 2015 07:14:13 AM
Old 12-27-2015
Did you update to XCode 7 already?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installed software

I am a complete novice/dumbo with Unix. How can I ascertain what software is installed on a unix system? Any help is much appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakeley
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two Oracle's installed

In my directory /u01/app/oracle/product I have two Oracle products installed. $ ls 8.1.7 817_http The application installed on the server is using PL/SQL procs to display webpages(not sure how) Now I have to create a similar server for development. Our sysadmin has built up a host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. Programming

No dbx installed

I have a problem whith dbx: there is no dbx installed!!! Could someone tell me where do i get dbx program and how to install it? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calloc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where is grub installed

Hi all, i am reading about USB bootable and it points me to grub in tutorial is issued command: grub grub> find /boot/grub/stage1 but it gives me: Error 15: File not found i do not have any problems with grub, i can choose between M$ and Linux while boot so when i issue: sudo fdisk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
6 Replies

5. Solaris

apache installed or not

How to check out apache is installed in unix box ? i don't have execute for httpd -v command and also i don't have 'apache' directory under /usr/local but i could able to see many httpd processes running on the server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Masanamuthu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Firewall installed

Hi Friends, I have installed Web App Server(WAS) on Linux box, but unable to launch webinterface from IE. I have a doubt that there is a firewall installed on the Linux box. How can I verify that there is no firewall installed on the machine where WAS is installed (Linux machine). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
1 Replies

7. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

8. Solaris

To get access to installed SE 11

Hello.I am new member on this forum and I glad to salute you, members. I am beginner in Solaris OS. I am installed Solaris 11 on my computer from Live CD. When I try to enter in Solaris OS (which I installed) the system offers to enter login and password. I enter login and password of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: User_V
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
switchconf(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     switchconf(8)

NAME
switchconf - Change system configuration to one of many predefined SYNOPSIS
switchconf [ -list | config_scheme ] DESCRIPTION
switchconf is a command line tool that helps nomad laptop users to easily change their configuration. OPTIONS
switchconf takes only one argument. If this argument is -list, a list of all known configuration schemes is returned (found in $conf_top_dirs). If the argument is a configuration scheme, this configuration will be installed on the laptop. CONFIGURATION FILE
The configuration file (/etc/switchconf/conf) is simple. The following entries are defined: conf_top_dirs This specify where are located the configurations schemes. dest_dir This specify in which top directory you want to install the new configuration. This option is pretty useful if you want to debug your configuration without overwritting the actual one. exec_dir_before, exec_dir_after This specify the name of the exec directory : all files included will be executed before or after configuration changes run_parts This specify the path to the run-parts command, that is used to execute the scripts. Leave it empty to use the internal implementa- tion of run-parts. config_method This specify the method to use to copy the configuration files, to their places: softlink, hardlink, copy /etc/switchconf/conf should be written so it is parsable as a shell script - There should be no spaces between the variable name and its value. SCHEMES
You should create a directory for each configuration scheme you define, including all the files it should set in the system. Inside /etc/switchconf the directories you should create the files including the full path (i.e., /etc/switchconf/home/etc/network/interfaces for /etc/network/interfaces). No scheme should be named as either the exec_dir_before or the exec_dir_after, unless the conf_top_dirs is moved out of its default direc- tory, /etc/switchconf. Although it is not really necessary, you should probably ensure that all the files existing in one of the schemes exist on every other scheme, in order to ensure you do not end up in a hybrid state. FILES
/etc/switchconf/conf Configuration file. /var/lib/misc/switchconf.lastcfg Memory file, has the name of the current active scheme BUGS
Actually no bugs are reported. AUTHOR
switchconf was written by Sebastien J. Gross <seb@sjgross.org> switchconf was contributed by Julien Ducros <jul@chezwam.org> switchconf was maintained by Jose Calhariz <jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt> 3rd Berkeley Distribution April 2002 switchconf(8)