Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [BASH] Errormessages and Traps with a 'here-doc' Post 302963220 by Don Cragun on Saturday 26th of December 2015 04:12:13 AM
Old 12-26-2015
I'm confused. The title of this thread is "[BASH] Errormessages and Traps with a 'here-doc'", but I don't see any here-documents anywhere in the code you've shown us?

In the command:
Code:
	trap "msg_error \${CALLER:-$0} \$0 \${FUNCNAME:-NON-FUNCTION} \$LINENO 'Args: \$@' " HUP INT QUIT ABRT KILL ALRM TERM ## 1 2 3 6 9 14 15

the standards say that setting a trap for SIGKILL produces undefined results. So you might want to try this without the KILL parameter. (There is no way for any process to catch a SIGKILL signal.)

Also, in the commands:
Code:
	traps_save(){ saved_traps=\$(trap) ; export saved_traps ; }
	traps_restore() { eval \$saved_trap;}

one might expect that the variable used by these two functions would be the same.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SNMP traps

Hello I am trying to check that SNMP traps could be sent from one server to other . I am running this command from receiving server to see it can receive it /usr/sbin/snoop udp port 162 and on the sending end I am running this commad cst051 UDP D=162 S=1480 LEN=120 but i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traps and Interrupts

Well, I don't know where exactly to ask this doubt so I'm asking in the newbie section. I was reading about traps and interrupts when I thought of traps as something that cease the control of the OS from the user and interrupts that cease the control yet provide support for multitasking. Am I right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Sun Solaris 9 Traps Contain Multiple Alarms

Hi all, I have a Sun Solaris 9 box which acts as a firewall. Sometimes if multiple actions which cause snmp traps occur very close together, a single snmp trap that is sent containing the text for multiple alarms. I would like to prevent that and have a trap sent for each action which would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: g0ld2k
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Shell Script - Generate SNMP Traps

Good morning to you all I´m kinda of a noob to scripting, and my knowledge is still very basic: anyway, I´ve developed a small .sh script with the following purpose: - it will check a result file, checking if it has any values, or if it´s empty - if it´s empty it will send an email What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open and work on a .doc file with bash script

Hello there....unix users :) I hope you can help me with this: I need open a doc file or xls files and work this files whit a bash script. For example: Open a doc file and copy information from a txt file in this doc file or xls file. Is it possible? Sorry for my english...I'm chilean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
3 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP Traps

Hi all, lately i managed to install SNMP agent on Solaris 9 & 10. The second objective is now to configure traps. However (since i'm totally new to the SUN world) i don't know a way of how to start. Can somebody help me with details? What is the first thing that you need to do to start trapping?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send traps from text file

Hello everyone! I have a text file with the next content: 2010-04-15 15:21:15 Minor 15605325 1531 Alarm name = IAD Equipment In Service location=iad01.tecnac.camino.illapel, Module=26 and I want send traps with the informationn of this file. How I can do this? Many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SNMP Traps

Hi, We are using Zyrion Traverse to monitor all the servers. I like to set the traps on all of the Linux servers to send the traps to that servers. So for on the /etc/snmp/snmp.conf file, this is what I have... ### SNMP Traps ### trap2sink x.x.x.x # Traverse server My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Zones: traps and pitfalls

Hi all Solaris Experts, What are the traps and pitfalls in using Solaris zones? Specifically, what tools, utilities, system calls don't work or work differently in a non-global zone? I'm new to zones and I've already encountered one difference which is very significant to me: orphan... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
5 Replies

10. Linux

Snmptrapd is not receiving generated traps in centos 5.7

Hi, I tried to run snmptrapd from my customized service in centos 5.7 machine... the command used to start snmptrapd is .... /opt/snmpdemo/bin/snmptrapd -Le -c /opt/snmpdemo/etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf -n -C -t -m "" And tried to trigger a trap... Trap got triggered but snmptrapd didn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharathpadman
0 Replies
ULIMIT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 ULIMIT(3)

NAME
ulimit - get and set user limits SYNOPSIS
#include <ulimit.h> long ulimit(int cmd, long newlimit); DESCRIPTION
Warning: This routine is obsolete. Use getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), and sysconf(3) instead. For the shell command ulimit(), see bash(1). The ulimit() call will get or set some limit for the calling process. The cmd argument can have one of the following values. UL_GETFSIZE Return the limit on the size of a file, in units of 512 bytes. UL_SETFSIZE Set the limit on the size of a file. 3 (Not implemented for Linux.) Return the maximum possible address of the data segment. 4 (Implemented but no symbolic constant provided.) Return the maximum number of files that the calling process can open. RETURN VALUE
On success, ulimit() returns a nonnegative value. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM A unprivileged process tried to increase a limit. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, POSIX.1-2001. POSIX.1-2008 marks ulimit() as obsolete. SEE ALSO
bash(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), sysconf(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-08-06 ULIMIT(3)