Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [BASH] Errormessages and Traps with a 'here-doc' Post 302963220 by Don Cragun on Saturday 26th of December 2015 04:12:13 AM
Old 12-26-2015
I'm confused. The title of this thread is "[BASH] Errormessages and Traps with a 'here-doc'", but I don't see any here-documents anywhere in the code you've shown us?

In the command:
Code:
	trap "msg_error \${CALLER:-$0} \$0 \${FUNCNAME:-NON-FUNCTION} \$LINENO 'Args: \$@' " HUP INT QUIT ABRT KILL ALRM TERM ## 1 2 3 6 9 14 15

the standards say that setting a trap for SIGKILL produces undefined results. So you might want to try this without the KILL parameter. (There is no way for any process to catch a SIGKILL signal.)

Also, in the commands:
Code:
	traps_save(){ saved_traps=\$(trap) ; export saved_traps ; }
	traps_restore() { eval \$saved_trap;}

one might expect that the variable used by these two functions would be the same.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SNMP traps

Hello I am trying to check that SNMP traps could be sent from one server to other . I am running this command from receiving server to see it can receive it /usr/sbin/snoop udp port 162 and on the sending end I am running this commad cst051 UDP D=162 S=1480 LEN=120 but i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traps and Interrupts

Well, I don't know where exactly to ask this doubt so I'm asking in the newbie section. I was reading about traps and interrupts when I thought of traps as something that cease the control of the OS from the user and interrupts that cease the control yet provide support for multitasking. Am I right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Sun Solaris 9 Traps Contain Multiple Alarms

Hi all, I have a Sun Solaris 9 box which acts as a firewall. Sometimes if multiple actions which cause snmp traps occur very close together, a single snmp trap that is sent containing the text for multiple alarms. I would like to prevent that and have a trap sent for each action which would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: g0ld2k
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Shell Script - Generate SNMP Traps

Good morning to you all I´m kinda of a noob to scripting, and my knowledge is still very basic: anyway, I´ve developed a small .sh script with the following purpose: - it will check a result file, checking if it has any values, or if it´s empty - if it´s empty it will send an email What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open and work on a .doc file with bash script

Hello there....unix users :) I hope you can help me with this: I need open a doc file or xls files and work this files whit a bash script. For example: Open a doc file and copy information from a txt file in this doc file or xls file. Is it possible? Sorry for my english...I'm chilean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
3 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP Traps

Hi all, lately i managed to install SNMP agent on Solaris 9 & 10. The second objective is now to configure traps. However (since i'm totally new to the SUN world) i don't know a way of how to start. Can somebody help me with details? What is the first thing that you need to do to start trapping?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send traps from text file

Hello everyone! I have a text file with the next content: 2010-04-15 15:21:15 Minor 15605325 1531 Alarm name = IAD Equipment In Service location=iad01.tecnac.camino.illapel, Module=26 and I want send traps with the informationn of this file. How I can do this? Many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SNMP Traps

Hi, We are using Zyrion Traverse to monitor all the servers. I like to set the traps on all of the Linux servers to send the traps to that servers. So for on the /etc/snmp/snmp.conf file, this is what I have... ### SNMP Traps ### trap2sink x.x.x.x # Traverse server My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Zones: traps and pitfalls

Hi all Solaris Experts, What are the traps and pitfalls in using Solaris zones? Specifically, what tools, utilities, system calls don't work or work differently in a non-global zone? I'm new to zones and I've already encountered one difference which is very significant to me: orphan... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
5 Replies

10. Linux

Snmptrapd is not receiving generated traps in centos 5.7

Hi, I tried to run snmptrapd from my customized service in centos 5.7 machine... the command used to start snmptrapd is .... /opt/snmpdemo/bin/snmptrapd -Le -c /opt/snmpdemo/etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf -n -C -t -m "" And tried to trigger a trap... Trap got triggered but snmptrapd didn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharathpadman
0 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)