Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - Filesystem become read only suddenly Post 302963191 by frankosun on Friday 25th of December 2015 04:15:14 AM
Old 12-25-2015
Hi , thank you for the reply. The problem is that iam not able to connect to the system so i cannot execute any command. After the restart the root file system is occupied by 49% and after two three hours of checking the occupied size is not growing up

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris filesystem

Dear all can we create more than one file system in single slice? I am using solaris 8 ultra spark machine. regards S.Balu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaloo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/ filesystem is mounted read only

how do you fsck the / filesystem? I know it does it automatically the next time I boot up following a switch on the wall shutdown but is there a flad somewhere that forces this on next boot up? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGK
2 Replies

3. Solaris

filesystem in solaris 8

Hi All, Can someone give me some info regarding where's the mount point or slice of /var. It's not in /etc/vfstab. I only find it in: bash-2.03# cat /etc/mnttab | grep var swap /var/run tmpfs dev=1 1215228103 How do I increase the size of it? Thanks in advance for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. Solaris

The filesystem is still full - Solaris 10!

Good morning, sir! I've a problem with FileSystem, the problem is FileSystem is full First time, I've already read carefully the sticky thread FileSystem full - What to lock for https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/25840-filesystem-full-what-look.html And then, I will post some information of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resize a filesystem in solaris 10

i am facing a problem, i would like to resize a file system called /pcard04 i am not useing any voulme manager and we have a NETAPP center storge. what i did is root@cms-dev # df -h | grep /pcard04 /dev/dsk/c4t60A9800043346C35636F2D6D4F354743d0s0 5.2G 4.0G 1.0G 80% /pcard04 then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem

Hi, Is there a command that list the unmounted filesystems ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. Solaris

User with read-only to entire filesystem

Is this even possible? Its a request for external auditors to login remotely. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11.4 on ESXi 6.5 suddenly boot-looping

Tl;dr Solaris 11.4 won't boot on 2 machines because of what I believe is network issues. Need to know where I can find more info to troubleshoot. I have two Solaris 11.4 systems running on VMware ESXi 6.5u2, which have suddenly (and seemingly for no reason) started boot-looping. Both of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rking267
2 Replies
PSMSHELL(1)							  ICI executables						       PSMSHELL(1)

NAME
psmshell - PSM memory management test shell SYNOPSIS
psmshell partition_size DESCRIPTION
psmshell allocates a region of partition_size bytes of system memory, places it under PSM management, and offers the user an interactive "shell" for testing various PSM management functions. psmshell prints a prompt string (": ") to stdout, accepts a command from stdin, executes the command (possibly printing a diagnostic message), then prints another prompt string and so on. The locations of objects allocated from the PSM-managed region of memory are referred to as "cells" in psmshell operations. That is, when an object is to be allocated, a cell number in the range 0-99 must be specified as the notional "handle" for that object, for use in future commands. The following commands are supported: h The help command. Causes psmshell to print a summary of available commands. Same effect as the ? command. ? Another help command. Causes psmshell to print a summary of available commands. Same effect as the h command. m cell_nbr size The malloc command. Allocates a large-pool object of the indicated size and associates that object with cell_nbr. z cell_nbr size The zalloc command. Allocates a small-pool object of the indicated size and associates that object with cell_nbr. p cell_nbr The print command. Prints the address (i.e., the offset within the managed block of memory) of the object associated with cell_nbr. f cell_nbr The free command. Frees the object associated with cell_nbr, returning the space formerly occupied by that object to the appropriate free block list. u The usage command. Prints a partition usage report, as per psm_report(3). q The quit command. Frees the allocated system memory in the managed block and terminates psmshell. EXIT STATUS
0 psmshell has terminated. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
IPC initialization failed. ION system error. Investigate, correct problem, and try again. psmshell: can't allocate space; quitting. Insufficient available system memory for selected partition size. psmshell: can't allocate test variables; quitting. Insufficient available system memory for selected partition size. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
psm(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 PSMSHELL(1)