Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD PF OpenBSD Network Monitoring Post 302963044 by bestragamuglava on Tuesday 22nd of December 2015 05:55:08 PM
Old 12-22-2015
Apart from pfctl, which is a good choice, there is tcpdump, as well as pftop, pfstat and pfstatd (available as packages).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network monitoring

Is there any way to check up the TCP/Ip port connectivity( healthiness ) without using ping or icmp calls ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

OpenBSD + Network +ifconfig

This feels really silly, but i just dont get it.. I just installed openbsd on one of my machines, usually i dont have this problem, but now, when i try to use ifconfig to give myself an ipadress, i get this errormsg: OpenAMD# ifconfig ep0 192.168.51.16 ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CopyWrong
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network monitoring software

hi can i know if there is any GUI interface software to help in monitoring the network of the servers i have? something like a web pages or a stock pages when a processes is down, a red colour is flashes. best if it is free ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network configuration on openbsd

Hi all, I got following configuration problem I need to configure tiny network on openbsd I got server1 with 3 interfaces vic0 em0 em1 The interface vic0 on server1 has follwoing IP 172.16.1.1 em0 firstly I would like to configure network under em0 (I have assigned to em0 following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvok
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network Monitoring

My Office Hours between 10 A.M to 5 P.M .I am managing 16 client PCs which is remotely placed. I want to know the network status of every client PCs.I need an automatic trigger mail ,when the network connection is lost in any one of the Client PCs during office hours.I am a self study learner.I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
9 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring Top Talkers PF OpenBSD

Hi, Though I have some Linux background I'm new to BSD. Currently I'm administering an OpenBSD 5.3 firewall which based on PF. I want to view my top talkers to the internet. If it is a graphical one that's better but I like to know whether it is possible through a command like pfctl a help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amithad
1 Replies
pfstat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pfstat(1)

NAME
pfstat - Print packet filter status information SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pfstat [options] OPTIONS
If no options are given, all are assumed (except for the verbose option, -v). Counts. Displays various counts (per ethernet unit) includ- ing number of packets sent and received, the number of packets dropped due to full input queues, the number of packets not wanted by any filter, and the number of packets missed by the interface. Descriptors. Displays OpenDescriptors for each minor device. Filters. Dis- plays packet filters for each minor device. Parameters. Displays device parameters including device type, header and address lengths, maximum transmission units (MTU), and interface and broadcast addresses. QueueElements. Displays the QueueElements. Scavenger. Displays the FreeQueue and Scavenger statistics. Verbose. Displays information for minor devices not actually in use and complete queue informa- tion, only if this option is given. Limits output to information about specified units. If no digits are given, all units are displayed. Valid digits are 0 to 7. DESCRIPTION
The pfstat command interprets the data structures of the packet filter driver packetfilter(7). The data structures are contained in /dev/kmem. RESTRICTIONS
By default, some of the output might not be easily read on an 80-character line. You might want to use some of the options to obtain a less verbose but more readable listing. Because of the dynamic nature of a running system, pfstat might not provide a consistent view of the system. You should use this command for analyzing static or slowly-varying problems, not transient ones. OUTPUT FORMAT
This section describes the information displayed in the output of the pfstat command under the headings AllDescriptors, Filters, and QueueElts. AllDescriptors Minor device number for open descriptor. Descriptor location. Forward link to other descriptors. Blank, or one of the following: Waiting for input, indefinite wait Waiting for input, timed wait Has timed out Addresses of ``Queue Elements'' for waiting packets. Number of packets queued for input/maximum for this queue. Timeout duration in clock ticks (if the -v [Verbose] option is not given, the times may be expressed as minutes [with a trailing ``m''], hours [with a trailing ``h''], or simply ``long'', to keep the columns lined up.) Shows which mode bits are set for the minor device; each bit is encoded as a single character: ENHOLDSIG ENBATCH ENTSTAMP ENPROMISC ENNONEXCL ENCOPYALL ENBPFHDR An unknown mode bit is set. Signal number to be delivered when a packet arrives. Process to be signaled when a packet arrives. Process id which enabled the signal. Filters Minor device number of filter. Count of packets accepted by this filter. Count of ``recent'' drops for this filter. Priority of filter. (Not applicable to BPF-style filters.) Length of filter (in shortwords). See packetfilter(7) for interpretation of packet filters. See bpf(7) for interpretation of BPF-style filters. QueueElts Location of queue element. Forward and backward links. Packet size. Reference count for queue element. Per-packet flag bits set; each bit is encoded as a single character: ENSF_PROMISC ENSF_BROADCAST ENSF_MULTICAST ENSF_TRAILER An unknown flag bit is set. Count of packets dropped between the time previous packet was queued and the time this packet was queued. Approximate time this packet was received. FILES
Default source of tables SEE ALSO
Commands: netstat(1), pfconfig(8) Files: bpf(7), packetfilter(7) pfstat(1)