Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting My script seems to eat too much memory Post 302962913 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 20th of December 2015 08:51:49 PM
Old 12-20-2015
If you have verbose on how many "threads" are being reported by this line:

Code:
if [ $verbose == "1" ]; then echo -e "$color_front""Found $i threads"; fi

You test and limit $i to 200; reporting "Buggy server", but remember you will be running a lot of background jobs for each value of $i.

Why not report the process count inside the background loop:

Code:
} &

# Insert This debug code

# Give some time for processes from previous background job to start
   sleep 5 

printf "$(date +%T) Loop # ((++loopNum)) processes: $(ps -fu $USER | grep curl | wc -l)" >> /tmp/loop_stats.txt

done # threads loop end

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash/perl script that will use up all memory

Hi, Is there any known trick that will consume all of my memory and force my machine to swap? I'm scripting a monitor in perl that will alert me when available memory is dangerously low and system is swapping, and I would like to simulate the scenario. I am clueless how to make my system lack... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

memory leak in igawk script

Hi, We are having igawk statement calling gawk function and processing a master file, each gawk function have rules and action. We are using associative array to keep the output of each rule and finally printing the associative array. We are seeing the memory is growing incrementally in TOP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satvelucbe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory check script

Hi all, OS: Solaris 10 I'm trying to put together a script to check memory utilisation. The command I'm running is: ps -ef -o pmem -o pid -o rss -o vsz -o args -o user | grep 2 | grep -v "VSZ COMMAND" | sort | tail -10 | sort -r And the output looks something like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: d-train
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory limit on php in .sh script

Hi, I have .sh script running php script with "php". When I run php script from web browser, it is running without errors. When I run it from .sh script, I am getting "memory exhausted". It seems to me that running php from .sh does not respect php.ini or have its own setting. So, how can I set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LukasB
0 Replies

6. AIX

Script to monitor CPU , Memory

Hello. I am using AIX 6 and did lot of searches on google for this script and found so many results. Just thought to ask you being the real good place for centralised answer: a) Could you tell me the aix script, which may tell me If the CPU load is above e.g. 60% ? b) Could you tell me the AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with implementing available memory status script

hi , i want write the script which automatically send an alert mail to my mail id when there is low memory available. things which i am able to implement -: i got the output of current memory status into one file . Than i break down the required coloumn and again send it in another file. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinav dixit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for %computational memory & % non computational memory

Dear, How to calculate %computational memory and %non computational memory from AIX server. What command used to find out %computational memory and % non computational memory except topas. Regards Nowshath (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nowshath
1 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)