Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Missing cout
Top Forums Programming Missing cout Post 302962843 by Don Cragun on Saturday 19th of December 2015 03:48:01 AM
Old 12-19-2015
cout is a C++ feature not found in C.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what am I missing?

I have the following portion of a script Check() { echo "\n\nChecking that all constraints are Enabled" echo "..." sleep 2 CHECK_COUNT='sqlplus -s $1 <<-EOSQL4 set feed off pause off pages 0 head off; set linesize 150 echo off; select count(*) from user_constraints where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cout doesn't print everything

Hi all, I implemented a C++ program and successfully compiled and ran on my laptop. However when I copy my code to another machine (school's sun machine), it didn't run properly. I can compile and run, but cout does not print everything. I used cout in a loop where it iterates no more than 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
5 Replies

3. Programming

library for cout question

Hi I am running Ubuntu 9.10 and I use QtCreator for my C++ Programms. I knwo that in wondows OS cout is located in iostream.h library. It seems that it isn;t the same library in Qtcrator... :( Anyway, iostream.h doesn't exist and iostream (without the .h) exists but doesn't seem to include the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

4. Programming

"cout = outFile" is not compiled

Hello, Compilation of the line "cout = outFile" throws error "Error: std::ios_base::operator=(const std::ios_base&) is not accessible from std::ios ::operator=(const std::ios &)." outFile is declared as "static ofstream". Thanks, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

5. Programming

std::cout and gfortran print*, don't output to the screen

I am not sure where to post this other than here. I am trying to figure out why an app gives different output when compiled under Ubuntu 10.10 and CentOS 5.5. I am pretty sure that the issue is that the Cent version has gcc 4.1 installed, while Ubuntu has gcc 4.4. I am trying to print from some... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: missing `]'

Hi, I am getting this error while running the following code. i=`awk '{print $2}' test1.txt` j=`awk '{print $4}' test1.txt` k=`awk '{print $6}' test1.txt` if ; then echo "Up." else echo "down" fi rm -f test.txt test1.txt error is this: line 12: ' Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

7. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

9. Programming

Concatenate integer and space/newline for cout in C++

I'm trying to print out integers and space/newline for a nicer output, for example, every 20 integers in a row with ternary operator. In C I could do it with:printf("%d%s",tmp_int, ((j+1)%20) ? "\t":"\n"); but could not figure out the equivalent in C++: cout << ((j+1)%20)?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
FBB::repeat(3bobcat)					      repeated function calls					      FBB::repeat(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::repeat - call a (member) function a fixed number of times SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/repeat> DESCRIPTION
The FBB::repeat function template allows a function or member function to be called a certain number of times. The functions or member functions may define arguments. Arguments to these functions are specified when repeat is called, and are perfectly forwarded by the repeat function template to the (member) function called by repeat. The first argument of the repeat function template defines the number of times the (member) function must be called. The FBB::repeat function template are defined inline, allowing the compiler to `optimize away' the repeat function call itself. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- REPEAT FUNCTION TEMPLATE
The repeat function template is declared as: template <typename Counter, typename First, typename ...Params> void repeat(Counter counter, First &&first, Params &&...params); In this declaration, o Counter represents the counter's type. Usually an int or size_t. When calling repeat counter must be initialized to the number of times repeat must call the (member) function (see below); o First represents the prototype of a function or the name of a class. name of a class. Likewise, first either is the address (name) of the function to be called or the name of an object of class type First. In the latter case the object may or may not be a const object. o ...Params represents the set of parameter types of arguments which must be perfectly forwarded to the called function. If first rep- resents a class type object, the first argument must be the address of a member function of the class First. EXAMPLES
#include <iostream> #include <iterator> #include <algorithm> #include "../repeat" using namespace std; using namespace FBB; class Object { public: void member(int argc, char **argv) const; void member2(size_t &rept, int argc, char **argv); }; void Object::member(int argc, char **argv) const { cout << "member called "; copy(argv, argv + argc, ostream_iterator<char const *>(cout, " ")); } void Object::member2(size_t &rept, int argc, char **argv) { cout << "member2 called, iteration " << rept++ << " "; copy(argv, argv + argc, ostream_iterator<char const *>(cout, " ")); } void fun() { cout << "Fun called "; } int main(int argc, char **argv) { Object object; cout << " " "*** The number of arguments determines the repeat-count *** "; cout << "Fun without arguments: "; repeat(argc, fun); cout << "Object receiving argc and argv: "; repeat(argc, object, &Object::member, argc, argv); cout << "Object receiving argc and argv, showing the iteration count: "; size_t count = 0; repeat(argc, object, &Object::member2, count, argc, argv); Object const obj; cout << "Const Object receiving argc and argv: "; repeat(argc, obj, &Object::member, argc, argv); } FILES
bobcat/repeat - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7) BUGS
Be careful when using overloaded functions, as the template argument resolution mechanism may be unable to determine which function to call. If overloaded functions must be used, a static_cast is likely required to disambiguate your intentions. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::repeat(3bobcat)