Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server problem
Operating Systems SCO Server problem Post 302962817 by jgt on Friday 18th of December 2015 07:01:50 PM
Old 12-18-2015
This entire thread is dedicated to your problem
Strange behaviour on Openserver 5.0.2 after 09/2015

To get the machine up and running today. reset the cmos date to August 2015, and after the machine is up and login as root, and change the date using the following command.
Code:
date -t 201512181845; setclk -r

date format is yyyymmddhhmmss.ss
You will have to do this each time you boot the machine until you permanently resolve the issue.

---------- Post updated at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:48 PM ----------

If you need offline help with this, and you are in Canada or the USA, feel free to contact me directly. My contact info is in my profile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX server problem

We have a site on our UNIX server which includes downloadable word and excel files. The word files are downloading files, and the excel files are trying to display in the browser instead of downloading properly. We have determined that this is not a browser issue....there is something that needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlwd
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suse server 8.0 on hp server problem

machine: Hp Proliant DL145/Opterom 2.4GH 2*72 GBB SCSi hdd, suse: suse linux Enterprose server 8.0 for Amd 64 problem: 1. can not boot properly. have to use installation disk to boot it: enter installation and choose "boot from existing installation" and this is the only option. ( just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murataht
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

x server problem

i can not start x server from cli mode.how to solve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipanrc
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem With X server

Dears, i am new member unix world i choose Unix Solaris 10 to working in my PC after installtion i X server can't be started and i got this message please check /etc/dt/Xerrors MotherBoard: GIGABYTE Model 945 GCM-S2l graphic driver: intel 945 GC express chipset shall i know if there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellroxy
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

problem after server build...

Hi, I have installed HP-UX 11.31 on a rx6600 box. The installation went fine and was completed without any errors. But wheni connect to the server using ssh, it asks for a username, when i enter it, it doesnt prompt for a password: login:username blank-------- All i could see in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sag71155
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

server hang problem

Hello everybody.. I have RHEL-4 Server with kernel - Linux 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELlargesmp x86_64 It is used for Development usage.. That server got hang and so reboot was required, when checked log file i found following messages, kernel: warning: many lost ticks. kernel: Your time source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Server Pinging Problem

Dear all, I face some problem as below. I have a sun fire 280r server in a network. From that server i am able to ping any system in any network. But i am facing the problem when i try to ping the server from outside netwok. Once i give ping command in the server then only i try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Problem in Postfix server/is my server got some attack

Hi Friends, This is logs of my mail log: mail for yahoo.com.tw is using up 4001 of 6992 active queue entries : 1 Time(s) mail for yahoo.com.tw is using up 4001 of 7018 active queue entries : 1 Time(s) mail for yahoo.com.tw is using up 4001 of 7072 active queue entries : 1 Time(s) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darakas
1 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS problem in server

Hi, In our production system one of the users complained of receiving the error below in the /var/adm/messages : Apr 9 00:05:03 L28emmol1 EV_AGENT: Agent Main --Estream construct failed. Err: EMULSocket::recv() Apr 9 00:05:03 L28emmol1 nfs4cbd: nfssys NFS4_SVC failed Apr 9 00:05:03... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
DATE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   DATE(1)

NAME
date -- display or set date and time SYNOPSIS
date [-ajnu] [-d date] [-r seconds] [+format] [[[[[[CC]yy]mm]dd]HH]MM[.SS]] DESCRIPTION
date displays the current date and time when invoked without arguments. Providing arguments will format the date and time in a user-defined way or set the date. Only the superuser may set the date. The options are as follows: -a Use adjtime(2) to change the local system time slowly, maintaining it as a monotonically increasing function. -a implies -n. -d date Parse the provided human-described date and time and display the result without actually changing the system clock. (See parsedate(3) for examples.) -j Parse the provided canonical representation of date and time (described below) and display the result without actually changing the system clock. -n The utility timed(8) is used to synchronize the clocks on groups of machines. By default, if timed is running, date will set the time on all of the machines in the local group. The -n option stops date from setting the time for other than the current machine. -r seconds Print out the date and time that is seconds from the Epoch. -u Display or set the date in UTC (universal) time. An operand with a leading plus (+) sign signals a user-defined format string which specifies the format in which to display the date and time. The format string may contain any of the conversion specifications described in the strftime(3) manual page, as well as any arbitrary text. A <newline> character is always output after the characters specified by the format string. The format string for the default display is: %a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y If an operand does not have a leading plus sign, it is interpreted as a value for setting the system's notion of the current date and time. The canonical representation for setting the date and time is: CC The first two digits of the year (the century). yy The second two digits of the year. If yy is specified, but CC is not, a value for yy between 69 and 99 results in a CC value of 19. Otherwise, a CC value of 20 is used. mm The month of the year, from 01 to 12. dd The day of the month, from 01 to 31. HH The hour of the day, from 00 to 23. MM The minute of the hour, from 00 to 59. SS The second of the minute, from 00 to 61. Everything but the minutes is optional. Time changes for Daylight Saving and Standard time and leap seconds and years are handled automatically. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables affect the execution of date: TZ The timezone to use when displaying dates. See environ(7) for more information. FILES
/etc/localtime Symlink pointing to system's default timezone information file in /usr/share/zoneinfo directory. /var/log/wtmp A record of date resets and time changes. /var/log/messages A record of the user setting the time. EXAMPLES
The command: date '+DATE: %m/%d/%y%nTIME: %H:%M:%S' will display: DATE: 11/21/87 TIME: 13:36:16 The command: date 8506131627 sets the date to ``June 13, 1985, 4:27 PM''. The command: date 1432 sets the time to 2:32 PM, without modifying the date. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 on success, 1 if unable to set the date, and 2 if able to set the local date, but unable to set it globally. Occasionally, when timed(8) synchronizes the time on many hosts, the setting of a new time value may require more than a few seconds. On these occasions, date prints: 'Network time being set'. The message 'Communication error with timed' occurs when the communication between date and timed fails. SEE ALSO
adjtime(2), gettimeofday(2), settimeofday(2), parsedate(3), strftime(3), utmp(5), timed(8) R. Gusella and S. Zatti, TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD. STANDARDS
The date utility is expected to be compatible with IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). BSD
November 15, 2006 BSD