Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting New at scripting awk with variable Post 302962810 by infinity0880 on Friday 18th of December 2015 05:01:07 PM
Old 12-18-2015
Good point, too many hours with no coffee...and Like I said I'm new at writing scripts.

File ex
Code:
1449332076709|video_load_time|5.1.1|SM-N910W8|5.1.1|1193.0|CELLULAR|AUTO_AUTHENTICATED|56.2577877|-118.6077102|0000000000000000000000000000-023X_wap2.mobility.ca|||MediaChannel501|N/A||11608

the last field being the error the 0000000000000000000000000000-023X_wap2.mobility.ca field is an identifier.

Or is there a way that I can write something (not using AWK) that will look in a file from start time to end time. I could send that to a file then compile the data from there. Then I won't need to fix AWK

This way the user can enter
Ex.
Code:
 GetUserImpact.sh  20151205 "20151205 00:11:00" "20151205 23:50:00"

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags for full-line and multi-line sample input, output, and code segments (not ICODE tags) and use ICODE tags (not double quotes) for shorter input and output samples.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 12-18-2015 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Change ICODE tags to CODE tags and add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting, question about a variable

Hey, So I've run into a problem, due to my limited knowledge of Bash scripting. Basically I've got a long script and I want to understand it before I even try and edit it. As long as I don't understand the script, I will not bother editing it. Anyway, the following variable confuses me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abciscool
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in scripting, store value in variable

Hi all, I have a script in which i need to run a command like "/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/omreport about" and output will be something like Version : 6.3.0 Copyright : Copyright (C) xxx Inc. 1995-2010 All rights reserved. Company : xxx Inc. In this i need to save the version... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk for setting variable but change the output of this variable within awk

Hi all, Hope someone can help me out here. I have this BASH script (see below) My problem lies with the variable path. The output of the command find will give me several fields. The 9th field is the path. I want to captured that and the I want to filter this to a specific level. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cowardly
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use case insensitive variable in ksh shell scripting using sed or awk

I am using a variable called $variable in a pattern search to print from a starting variable to a constant value. the variable search should be case in sensitive. i tired using Ip at the end in the below command. but in ksh it is not working. sed -n "/$variable/,/constant/p" file i also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjs
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting Variable doubt

Dear Friends, If i give the command echo $- i am getting output of himBH. Can some body explain what does it means echo $- himBH Thanks in Advance Rajkumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting to Duplicate Lines Based on Variable

Greeting all! I could use some assistance please. :) I've been searching for the best way to duplicate a line based on a variable in the next line. Sample Data: Nov 22 00:00:19 10.10.10.1 "%ASA-4-313005: No matching connection for ICMP error message: icmp src Outside:1.2.3.4 dst... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjrupp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable as a file-Scripting Help

Hi Guys, i have a file where data is in the below format:: data1 data2 data3 data4 data4 data6 my script written as:: #!/bin/ksh cd $1 at now <<END sh $2 END Here i want to pass the values stored in the above file one by one till the end of line. Here if i am doing it as:: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atp3530
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in replacing a variable in shell scripting

Experts, Can someone help me with the below? I've a variable called NSPMHOME=some_value. I would like change the value of the variable with another variable and something followed by it. E.g From NSPHOME=some_value to NSPMHOME=$SOMETHING/test $SOMETHING has value /opt/tag . The end... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawaugh
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to assign a value to a variable in awk scripting?

Hi, I am trying to assign a value using below command and it is assigning the command to the variable not the output of the command? out_value="echo $0 | cut -c 9-11"; How can i assign the output to the variable instead of whole command? This is inside my awk script (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)