Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron Job to Run for 30 minutes Post 302962795 by RudiC on Friday 18th of December 2015 12:57:35 PM
Old 12-18-2015
I definitely did NOT suggest that!

- TERMSECOND is NOT the system variable SECONDS.
- As TERMSECOND is not modified anywhere, that script will be exited when first encountering the if command.
- There are two syntax errors in the if statement: a space missing before, and a semicolon after the ] .
- That script will never come close to 30 min runtime (unless those were incredibly large tables).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run cron job problem

I have the below crontab job that it will run at every 7:00am - 10:00am , it work fine , now if I want to skip to run the crontab job at a specific time , eg. I want the script not to run at next Monday 8:00am ( only skip this time , other time is normal ) , how can I make it ? is it possible ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not run via cron job

I have a perl script, when I ran manually it works perfect. I check the permissions which are fine. How can I find out why it is not running? how can I setup a log to check. I am running it on solaris 9. It compares multiple files, SCP and then send out an e-mail. As I said when I ran it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with a script run by a cron job.

Hi, new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm new to cron jobs and scripts, and I need some help with a script to be used with a cron job. I already have a bot set up at a certain website address and need a script that the cron job will load every day that tells it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klawless
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job for every five minutes and between hours

Hi I need to run a script every five minutes and it should run between 07-15 hours all days. How i can achieve this... i tried like this */5 07-15 * * * /scripts/CreateFtpData.sh It throws an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use cron to run job every other week

my colleague was asking about this: is there a way to run a cron job biweekly, like a script five.sh to run every *OTHER* Friday within November its part about every other Friday we cant find any documentation. thx L (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaflamp
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron doesn't run job in background

Hi, First of all merry christmas and Happy holidays to all :D My situation is as below, When a backup job runs on a mainframe server, it creates a 0byte file on a network drive which is accessible through linux Linux server : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 Beta (Tikanga) File... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job to Run every 2 minutes

Hello Gurus, I want to schedule a cron job which will run every 2 minutes starts at 11:25 AM and 3:25 AM daily. Can you please suggest as how to schedule the job. Thanks- Pokhraj Das (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job cannot run the command

Hi, I created this cron job for asterisk to send sms daily to a number #!/bin/sh #custom mod - send sms once a day, at 07:00. CRON_PATH="/etc/asterisk/gw/crontabs_root"; if ! grep 'gsm send sms' $CRON_PATH > /dev/null 2>&1 ;then echo "* 7 * * * asterisk -rx 'gsm send sms 1 7666... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
4 Replies
LUA(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LUA(1)

NAME
lua - Lua interpreter SYNOPSIS
lua [ options ] [ script [ args ] ] DESCRIPTION
lua is the stand-alone Lua interpreter. It loads and executes Lua programs, either in textual source form or in precompiled binary form. (Precompiled binaries are output by luac, the Lua compiler.) lua can be used as a batch interpreter and also interactively. The given options (see below) are executed and then the Lua program in file script is loaded and executed. The given args are available to script as strings in a global table named arg. If these arguments contain spaces or other characters special to the shell, then they should be quoted (but note that the quotes will be removed by the shell). The arguments in arg start at 0, which contains the string 'script'. The index of the last argument is stored in arg.n. The arguments given in the command line before script, including the name of the interpreter, are available in negative indices in arg. At the very start, before even handling the command line, lua executes the contents of the environment variable LUA_INIT, if it is defined. If the value of LUA_INIT is of the form '@filename', then filename is executed. Otherwise, the string is assumed to be a Lua statement and is executed. Options start with '-' and are described below. You can use '--' to signal the end of options. If no arguments are given, then -v -i is assumed when the standard input is a terminal; otherwise, - is assumed. In interactive mode, lua prompts the user, reads lines from the standard input, and executes them as they are read. If a line does not contain a complete statement, then a secondary prompt is displayed and lines are read until a complete statement is formed or a syntax error is found. So, one way to interrupt the reading of an incomplete statement is to force a syntax error: adding a ';' in the middle of a statement is a sure way of forcing a syntax error (except inside multiline strings and comments; these must be closed explicitly). If a line starts with '=', then lua displays the values of all the expressions in the remainder of the line. The expressions must be separated by commas. The primary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT, if this value is a string; otherwise, the default prompt is used. Similarly, the secondary prompt is the value of the global variable _PROMPT2. So, to change the prompts, set the corresponding variable to a string of your choice. You can do that after calling the interpreter or on the command line (but in this case you have to be careful with quotes if the prompt string contains a space; otherwise you may confuse the shell.) The default prompts are "> " and ">> ". OPTIONS
- load and execute the standard input as a file, that is, not interactively, even when the standard input is a terminal. -e stat execute statement stat. You need to quote stat if it contains spaces, quotes, or other characters special to the shell. -i enter interactive mode after script is executed. -l name call require('name') before executing script. Typically used to load libraries. -v show version information. SEE ALSO
luac(1) http://www.lua.org/ DIAGNOSTICS
Error messages should be self explanatory. AUTHORS
R. Ierusalimschy, L. H. de Figueiredo, and W. Celes $Date: 2010/10/31 11:16:49 $ LUA(1)