Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Connect to Teradata and Run in Shell Script? Post 302962658 by radius on Thursday 17th of December 2015 02:55:31 AM
Old 12-17-2015
huge thanks Sir Don, its solved

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/perl script to connect to different servers in single login in teradata

Hi, I want to write a shell script to compare two tables in teradata.these tables are present on different servers. I want to connect to both servers in single login in order to fetch and compare the data in one go. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so... I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it? I've tried ssh but it didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geller
1 Replies

3. Programming

Connect To Teradata

How do i connect from C program to teradata Database? The C program is being executed from a Unix script, AIX. I am calling a C program from a Unix shell script and the C Program executes some SQLs on Teradata Database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to db2 using shell script

Guys, I am trying to write a shell script that connect to wcsprod database and read the query #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s < connect to wcsprod user wcsadm using pwd > select * from catentry fetch first 1 row only with ur; databse: wcsprod user: wcsadm pwd: pwd thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Oracle using shell script at run time

Hi all, I am a newbie.....am jus trying to connect to oracle thro a script, but not thro giving the username/password@server_name directly like `$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@server_name In the above line, once it is connected to Oracle, it shud ask me the username and password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection with Teradata through shell Script

Hi All, As we are using SQLPLUS command to connect Oracle Database in unix: Like below syntax: sqlplus username/password@dbname << EOI SET HEADING OFF SPOOL MAX_DATE_VAL.txt select max(LAST_UPDT_DATE) from source_defect; SPOOL OFF here the result is stored in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi Gupta
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect

hello i try to made a report to conect all database to diferent OS HP-UX/LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX this is my example i have 5 db OS are HP-UX ps -fea | grep pmon root 1120 1 0 Nov 29 ? 5:14 ipmon -sD oracle 10286 1 0 Nov 29 ? 27:19 ora_pmon_BD1 oracle 10431... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceciaide
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
canadian-english-huge(5)					   Users' Manual					  canadian-english-huge(5)

NAME
canadian-english-huge - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/canadian-english-huge is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 canadian-english-huge(5)