Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chess Players: Which Online Resources (and Software) Do You Use and Why? Post 302962654 by Neo on Thursday 17th of December 2015 01:51:02 AM
Old 12-17-2015
Hi Bakunin,

I often play the Najdorf variation in the Sicilian Defense; but lately have been enjoying more modern openings for fun (1. Nf3 ... ) as both black or white. Generally, I don't enjoy Blitz chess; and I do tend to do post game (over the board games with friends) with computers; currently I use HIARCS on both the Mac and iPhone6. I also have other chess engines such as Stockfish and Deep Shredder, but have become an increasing big fan of HIARCS. I'm not rated above 2000, I think my last USCF rating years ago was around 1700.

Currently, I play about once a week over the board with a good friend of mine; and I also play a bit with another friend on my iPhone using "Chess Time" which is a multi-player chess app that is specifically not for blitz chess and runs on both IOS and Android (and the app is free as well as to play). Generally, I don't play with "strangers" as I like to put a face and personality to my chess playing.

If you install the Chess Time app my username is "neounix" and I'm happy to play with you or any forum member using the Chess Time app (IOS / iTunes screen capture attached), as that apps seems to work best for me and my schedule. (Android version of Chess Time)
Chess Players: Which Online Resources (and Software) Do You Use and Why?-screen-shot-2015-12-17-24434-pmpng

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

info on players

I am using HP-Unix version 11. I could not find any Flash player that gives me a lot of problem while surfing. I would like to know what are all the players and where they are available. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Online Resources

Could someone suggest some good on-line PERL resources? tutorials and References? Thanks. Gregg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHCE Servers Online Learning Resources..

Anybody knows about any reliable source where i can study Linux servers while sitting at my home. A single bit of information in this regards will be highly appreciated. thanks :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman103
3 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux online training resources

Dear all, I am preparing the RHCE Linux certification and I need to practise, practise and practise linux administration ...I wold be very pleasen if somebody lists here online training resources that can be used in order to prepare any kind of Linux Certification.. Actualy I am following the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userlinx
1 Replies
GLAURUNG(6)															       GLAURUNG(6)

NAME
glaurung - free UCI chess engine, to calculate chess moves SYNOPSIS
glaurung DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the glaurung command. glaurung is an UCI chess engine, to calculate chess moves Opening book This version of Glaurung has experimental support for PolyGlot opening books. For information about how to create such books, consult the PolyGlot documentation. Currently, Glaurung requires that the book file is named book.bin and is placed in Glaurungs working directory. More than one CPU Beginning with version 2-epsilon/3, Glaurung has support for up to four CPUs. Because the program currently cannot automatically detect the number of CPUs on your computer, it uses only a single search thread by default. If your computer has two or more CPUs (this includes dual-core CPUs like the Intel Core Duo or the AMD Athlon 64 X2), you should set the "Threads" UCI parameter to the number of CPUs to obtain optimal performance. OPTIONS
This program does NOT follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes. SEE ALSO
Communication with UCI commands is documented by "The UCI Communication Protocol" in /usr/share/doc/glaurung/engine-interface.txt. AUTHOR
glaurung was written by <Romstad Tord <tord@glaurungchess.com>>. This manual page was written by Oliver Korff <ok@xynyx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Juli 9, 2007 GLAURUNG(6)