Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sed insert into line 1 via script Post 302962633 by Aia on Wednesday 16th of December 2015 05:55:00 PM
Old 12-16-2015
A .bak of the old file is created as ${OUTFILE}.bak for safety. If that's not necessary use just -i
Code:
perl -i.bak -pe '$. == 1 and print "ROWID;ORDER_ID;JOB_NAME;ORDER_TABLE\n"' ${OUTFILE}

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - how to insert chars into a line

Hi I'm new to sed, and need to add characters into a specific location of a file, the fileds are tab seperated. text <tab> <tab> text <tab> text EOL I need to add more characters to the line to look like this: text <tab> <tab> newtext <tab> text <tab> text EOL Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tangentviper
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text at particular line

I know that sed -n '12p' file will print line 12 but how might I insert text to a specified line? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: action_owl
2 Replies

3. AIX

insert a line with variables using sed

Hi, I have to insert a line having variables using sed. But the variables are not getting substituted within sed. Ex: n=2 sed $n' i\ hi' file This works. But the below code does not work. n=2 line=hello sed $n' i\ $line' file The above code inserts '$line' in the 2nd line of the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to insert text file at first line

sed '1r file.txt' <source.txt >desti.txt This example will insert 'file.txt' between line 1 and 2 of source.txt. sed '0r file.txt' <source.txt >desti.txt gives an error message. Does anyone know how 'sed' can insert 'file.txt' before the first line of source.txt? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: psve
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not able to insert new line using sed in Sun Solaris

Hi Guys, can any one know how to replace the string by newline using sed ? i dont need any other solution. I am very curious to know this in sed. Input: one,two,three Output one two three we can acheive this by awk but in sed ?, awk '{gsub(/\,/,"\n");print;}' File (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert @Line # - SED (non-GNU)

Just posted on another fellow's question using ed, but I wanted to know about doing it with sed on Unix. For example - I have a file of an unknown length, but I want to add a line after the shell declaration (Line 2). If possible, I'd like the example to be able to just substitute in a number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - How to insert line before the first blank line following a token

Hello. I have a config file (/etc/my_config_file) which may content : # # port for HTTP (descriptions, SOAP, media transfer) traffic port=8200 # network interfaces to serve, comma delimited network_interface=eth0 # set this to the directory you want scanned. # * if have multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk to insert a line after a para

hi I am having a file like this ############################## mod1 ( a(ll) , b( c), try(o) , oll(ll) go(oo) , al(ll) mm(al) , lpo(kka) kka(oop) ); mod2 ( jj(ll) , c( kk), try1q(o1) , ofll(lll) gao(oo1) , ala(llaa) mmf(adl) , lddpo(kkad) kkda(oodp) );... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to insert at position x and then every interval y for each line

Thanks to help from Don Cragun in post 302924174, I'm off and getting into trouble on my own (finally) with sed. Here is my goal - insert \\r\n at the 60th character on each line and then every 76th character thereafter: Input:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusbrown
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find and append or insert on SAME line

Hi, $ cat f1 My name is Bruce and my surname is I want to use SED to find “Bruce” and then append “ Lee” to the end of the line in which “Bruce” is found Then a more tricky one…. I want to INSERT ….a string… in to a line in which I find sometihng. So example $ cat f2 My name is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
9 Replies
BOS_PRUNE(8)						       AFS Command Reference						      BOS_PRUNE(8)

NAME
bos_prune - Removes obsolete files from /usr/lib/openafs and /var/log/openafs SYNOPSIS
bos prune -server <machine name> [-bak] [-old] [-core] [-all] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos p -s <machine name> [-b] [-o] [-co] [-a] [-ce <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos prune command removes files from the local disk of the server machine named by the -server argument, as specified by one or more of the following flags provided on the command line: o The -bak flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension. o The -old flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension. o The -core flag removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. o The -all flag removes all three types of files at once. (If none of these flags are included, the command appears to succeed, but removes no files at all.) To display the timestamp on the current, ".BAK", and ".OLD" versions of one or more files, use the bos getdate command. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine from which to remove files. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -bak Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -old Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -core Removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -all Combines the effect of the -bak, -old, and -core flags. Do not combine this flag with any of those three. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "fs3.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD" extension. % bos prune -server fs3.abc.com -bak -old The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "db2.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD" extension, and all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. % bos prune -server db2.abc.com -all PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos prune command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_PRUNE(8)