Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to disable insecure protocols? Post 302962630 by agent.kgb on Wednesday 16th of December 2015 04:12:47 PM
Old 12-16-2015
Yes, it is a known issue, they updated it yesterday/some days ago. The same way as with other security patches - you download APAR (the link is on the site), untar it, install using emgr.

But this issue has nothing common with your original question. It describes a known vulnerability in RC4 cipher and describes how to fix it in AIX 7.1 TL3 SP5 and some other versions, which are listed there. Let's say you don't use ftpd, sendmail, popd and imapd on your server, but you use IBM Directory Server. Then the provided fix doesn't make any sense for your server, because it doesn't fix IBM Directory Server, which has the same problem with RC4 cipher, but fixes only the services, you don't use.
This User Gave Thanks to agent.kgb For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network protocols

Which network protocol is used by UNIX systems to make remote file systems appear as if they are local? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OLLERTON
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protocols

What protocol would be the best to use on a network with nt and unix servers and windows me clients? Can SMB protocol be used to implement large networks? What protocol can be used to make remote file systems appear as if they are local? Quite a few questions I know, any help would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnash
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

More command insecure

The more command allows a user to invoke shell. If it is run using the sudo command this will give a user a possibility to run whatever he wants with root's privilegies. Does anybody know about a command with the same abilities that more but without escape to shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odashe
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

define IP protocols on network

what method would I use to determine which IP protocols network (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar mar
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Netfilter conntracking for P2P protocols (edonkey, bittorent...)

Hi everyone, I would like to allow multi users to access P2P networks, so I wonder if there's a way to tracking these kind of protocols with netfilter, and also compatibility with nat, like the module conntrack_ftp seems to do with the FTP protocol. Thanks guys. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

what are L2,L3 protocols.

hello forum members, What are L2 and L3 Protocols and can u brief me a bit little ie to gain a basic knowledge. Thanks & Regards Rajkumar g (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies
XmRemoveProtocols(library call) 										   XmRemoveProtocols(library call)

NAME
XmRemoveProtocols -- A VendorShell function that removes the protocols from the protocol manager and deallocates the internal tables SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> #include <Xm/Protocols.h> void XmRemoveProtocols( Widget shell, Atom property, Atom * protocols, Cardinal num_protocols); DESCRIPTION
XmRemoveProtocols removes the protocols from the protocol manager and deallocates the internal tables. If any of the protocols are active, it will update the handlers and update the property if shell is realized. XmRemoveWMProtocols is a convenience interface. It calls XmRemoveProtocols with the property value set to the atom returned by interning WM_PROTOCOLS. shell Specifies the widget with which the protocol property is associated property Specifies the protocol property protocols Specifies the protocol atoms num_protocols Specifies the number of elements in protocols For a complete definition of VendorShell and its associated resources, see VendorShell(3). RELATED
VendorShell(3), XmAddProtocols(3), XmInternAtom(3), and XmRemoveWMProtocols(3). XmRemoveProtocols(library call)