Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dialog utility
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dialog utility Post 302962586 by RudiC on Wednesday 16th of December 2015 06:34:34 AM
Old 12-16-2015
Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

That's redirecting stderr implicitely using file descriptor 2 (cf. man bash or other shell)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dialog output

is there a way to make dialog output chosen values to standard stream? or append to a file? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhinge
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dialog menu script. please HELP

hello. i want to create a useradd dialog menu. i cannot make a single menu with 4 box inputs ( user, pass, fullname, shell ) because the dialog utility is either limited or either i know to less about using the dialog utility. from what i see it only allows me to post these 4 boxes one by one,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: claudlu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

dialog utility

hi.. can anybody upload dialogue utility for linux 5.7... please.. its just under 1mb. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to capture error while using dialog

I am not able to capture errors while I am using dialog. For example: dialog --gauge "Verifying file..." 10 75 < <( while read LINE do hash=$(echo $LINE | cut -f1 -d' ') directory=$(echo $LINE | cut -c 34-) PCT=$(( 100*(++i)/n )) echo $PCT md5deep -a $hash $directory >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamanoorsai
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lftp with dialog

Hi all. I want to know, if there is any chance to pass lftp listing to CLI dialog. I want to make an interactive CLI ftp manager, based on lftp. Version of dialog I use: root@dlink:~# dialog -v cdialog (ComeOn Dialog!) version 1.1-20100428 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n158
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dialog box

I know, I can run dialog command in my machine. But what I want to do is I wanna show the dialog box to some other Remote host. I connected to the remote system and used dialog command its shows the box in my terminal only. How can I display to that remote machine?? Any suggestions??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help... creating a script using Dialog

Hi , I just start to use Linux and i love it! I'm creating a project for school and is to create a script who ask the user to select and instal services like apache, dhcp, Samba, FTP etc... I create a menu using Dialog, just to make it better looking. I want to know how to retrieve the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajmaq
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog forms

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create dialog interface for adress book i created a while ago but i don't know how to read info from forms 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #!/bin/bash knyga="adresu-knyga.txt" dialog... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasisken
0 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux