Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail Format Issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail Format Issues Post 302962585 by RudiC on Wednesday 16th of December 2015 06:31:39 AM
Old 12-16-2015
That's because of the e-mail-client is using a true type font.
You'll need to either select a monospace font or send an HTML file.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail issues on SCO_SV 5.0.6

I am very new to unix and I am trying to get a Sco Server setup to send outgoing email. I know that SCO uses MMDF and i have configured it to use TCP/IP and UUCP, but I never receive any of the emails I send to my exchange server. I don't have this problem on any of the Linux systems I use. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chive2
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netscape mail issues

Don't know if this is too in-depth for the ".. Dummies .." forum, but I figured I'd try this one first. I have a file from a client that I need to save to our UNIX server. If the file is sent as an email attachment from UNIX (via command line or Twiggi Mail), the following occurs: if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumpinfallout
0 Replies

3. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issues in sending mail

Hi, i am trying the below script for sending mail. if then count=`cat $sfile|wc -l` echo "There are $count abends.Please take care " > body.txt (cat body.txt;uuencode $sfile $sfile) | mailx -s "Alert:there are failures" pandeesh@gmail.com fi In the mail, i am getting like: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues in sending mail with attachements

Hi I am using the below command to send mail from unix with body as well as attachment. But the attachment is in encoded form in the body itself. I am not receiving as attachment: (cat body_success.txt;uuencode Log.txt Log.txt)| mailx -s "success" $ToID I am receiving... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Monitor issues Invalid Format

Hello Folks, Monitor took a crap on me so I bought a new flat screen. Im running Ubuntu 12 recieving an invalid format after the GUI login screen. How do I go about trying to change the resolution. FYI old monitor blew smoke so reconnecting it is not an option. From I understand their is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format issues

I would like to get the below in YYYY MMDD format, Last date of the week Last date of the month Last date of the year And then compare d_date with the above if it matches it has to send some email. while read email_address; do mail -s "$subject"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Log::Dispatch::Email(3pm)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email - Base class for objects that send log messages via email VERSION
version 2.32 SYNOPSIS
package Log::Dispatch::Email::MySender; use Log::Dispatch::Email; use base qw( Log::Dispatch::Email ); sub send_email { my $self = shift; my %p = @_; # Send email somehow. Message is in $p{message} } DESCRIPTION
This module should be used as a base class to implement Log::Dispatch::* objects that send their log messages via email. Implementing a subclass simply requires the code shown in the SYNOPSIS with a real implementation of the "send_email()" method. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor takes the following parameters in addition to the standard parameters documented in Log::Dispatch::Output: o subject ($) The subject of the email messages which are sent. Defaults to "$0: log email" o to ($ or @) Either a string or a list reference of strings containing email addresses. Required. o from ($) A string containing an email address. This is optional and may not work with all mail sending methods. o buffered (0 or 1) This determines whether the object sends one email per message it is given or whether it stores them up and sends them all at once. The default is to buffer messages. METHODS
o send_email(%p) This is the method that must be subclassed. For now the only parameter in the hash is 'message'. o flush If the object is buffered, then this method will call the "send_email()" method to send the contents of the buffer and then clear the buffer. o DESTROY On destruction, the object will call "flush()" to send any pending email. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2011 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 Log::Dispatch::Email(3pm)