Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail Format Issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail Format Issues Post 302962582 by shash on Wednesday 16th of December 2015 05:50:53 AM
Old 12-16-2015
Mail Format Issues

Hi All,

I 'm trying to find a way to send my contents of a file as a body of email in the format shown below. However, the format of the contents are messed up when I receive the email.

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|BATCH_DT|SI|XXX_COUNT |XXX_BALANCE       |YYY_COUNT |YYY_BALANCE       |DIFF_COUNT |DIFF_BALANCE       |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|20150731|05|0000000132|000001182401644.77|0000000100|000001000000000.00|+0000000032|+000000182401644.77|
|20150731|09|0000026468|000001189347835.97|0000099999|000009999999999.99|-0000073531|-000008810652164.02|

Is there anything we could so that the format remains same in the email please? Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Shash

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail issues on SCO_SV 5.0.6

I am very new to unix and I am trying to get a Sco Server setup to send outgoing email. I know that SCO uses MMDF and i have configured it to use TCP/IP and UUCP, but I never receive any of the emails I send to my exchange server. I don't have this problem on any of the Linux systems I use. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chive2
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netscape mail issues

Don't know if this is too in-depth for the ".. Dummies .." forum, but I figured I'd try this one first. I have a file from a client that I need to save to our UNIX server. If the file is sent as an email attachment from UNIX (via command line or Twiggi Mail), the following occurs: if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumpinfallout
0 Replies

3. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issues in sending mail

Hi, i am trying the below script for sending mail. if then count=`cat $sfile|wc -l` echo "There are $count abends.Please take care " > body.txt (cat body.txt;uuencode $sfile $sfile) | mailx -s "Alert:there are failures" pandeesh@gmail.com fi In the mail, i am getting like: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues in sending mail with attachements

Hi I am using the below command to send mail from unix with body as well as attachment. But the attachment is in encoded form in the body itself. I am not receiving as attachment: (cat body_success.txt;uuencode Log.txt Log.txt)| mailx -s "success" $ToID I am receiving... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Monitor issues Invalid Format

Hello Folks, Monitor took a crap on me so I bought a new flat screen. Im running Ubuntu 12 recieving an invalid format after the GUI login screen. How do I go about trying to change the resolution. FYI old monitor blew smoke so reconnecting it is not an option. From I understand their is no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format issues

I would like to get the below in YYYY MMDD format, Last date of the week Last date of the month Last date of the year And then compare d_date with the above if it matches it has to send some email. while read email_address; do mail -s "$subject"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS and SSL. Default is TLS. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.6.53) July 2010 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)