Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : converting file to different scalar elements Post 302962374 by scriptscript on Sunday 13th of December 2015 08:40:23 AM
Old 12-13-2015
Thank you Don for your extended support.

Below is what where I got stuck.

Code:
my $count = 0;
open (IN, "filetext.txt");
@array = () ;
while (<IN>) 
{
    if (/exec/) 
    {
	$count = 1;
    }
    elsif (/^\)/) 
    {
	$count = 0;
    }
    elsif ($count) 
    {
	push(@array,$_);

}

}
close IN;

print "@array";

foreach $line ( @array )
{
        ## not sure what to do next
}

Now @array contains both the query. Now I want to make those queries into two scalars.

Thanks,
John

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scalar variable in backquoted string

hi I've been searching all over the internet to simply do the following: $tempfile = "/usr/school/tempfile.dat"; $myvar = param('add'); ###add is the variable assigned to a popup menu `ls -l $myvar * >> $tempfile` ###I also tried `ls -l ${myvar}* >>$tempfile` open(ADDLIST,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi9
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scalar variable assignment in perl + { operator

When reading over some perl code in a software document, I came across an assignment statement like this $PATH = ${PROJECT}/......./.... In this particular form of scalar variable assignment, what does the curly braces operators do ? Also, what is the benefit in doing scalar assignment this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - New line in array elements

Hello, I have a comma delimited input feed file. The first field has directory location and the second field has file name. Ex of input feed: /export/appl/a,abc*.dat /export/appl/b,xyz*.dat /export/appl/c,pmn*.dat Under each directory, there would be many files like... . . .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Use of array elements in pattern matching

I need to use array elements while pattern matching. @myarr = (ELEM1, ELEM2, ELEM3); following is the statement which I am using in my code. Basically I want to replace the ELEM1/2/3 with other thing which is mentioned as REPL here. if (condition) { s/(ELEM1|ELEM2|ELEM3): REPL: /; } I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI: populate a scalar from a select statement

hi every resource i see regarding DBI refers to retrieving data from a database into and array or a hash, but i havent seen anything on how to pull out a single value to a scalar in my database i have a field called "forcewrite" with a value of "6". I am trying to connect to the database,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array Elements Replacement

Hello, I have the following perl array: @longname = (Fasthernet0/0 Fasthernet0/1 Serial0/1/0 Serial0/2/1 Tunnel55 Tunnel77) with the followinh array: @shortname = (Fa0/0 Fa0/1 Se0/1/0 Se0/2/1 Tu55 Tu77) in other words, I need to remove the following from each element in the array... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array elements comparison using perl

Experts, I am looking to compare elements of 2 array using perl. Below is not the actual code but logic wise something like this. my $version = "MYSQlcl-5.2.4-264.x86_64"; <-- split this word into array as (5 2 4 264) ( which is to extract only the version number from the package name) my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : to get the no. of elements from DataDumper

Hello Folks, I have a DataDumper variable and the output of the dataDumper is printed in the below manner. print Dumper \%mnemonics; VAR1 = { 'SYS-7-CLI_SCHEDULER_LOG_STORED' => , 'CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE' => , 'AAAA-4-SERVUNDEF' => , ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies
XS(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						     XS(3)

NAME
Readonly::XS - Companion module for Readonly.pm, to speed up read-only scalar variables. VERSION
This document describes version 1.05 of Readonly::XS, February 24, 2009. SYNOPSIS
Install this module, but do not use it. DESCRIPTION
The Readonly module (q.v.) is an effective way to create non-modifiable variables. However, it's relatively slow. The reason it's slow is that is implements the read-only-ness of variables via tied objects. This mechanism is inherently slow. Perl simply has to do a lot of work under the hood to make tied variables work. This module corrects the speed problem, at least with respect to scalar variables. When Readonly::XS is installed, Readonly uses it to access the internals of scalar variables. Instead of creating a scalar variable object and tying it, Readonly simply flips the SvREADONLY bit in the scalar's FLAGS structure. Readonly arrays and hashes are not sped up by this, since the SvREADONLY flag only works for scalars. Arrays and hashes always use the tie interface. Why implement this as a separate module? Because not everyone can use XS. Not everyone has a C compiler. Also, installations with a statically-linked perl may not want to recompile their perl binary just for this module. Rather than render Readonly.pm useless for these people, the XS portion was put into a separate module. Programs that you write do not need to know whether Readonly::XS is installed or not. They should just "use Readonly" and let Readonly worry about whether or not it can use XS. If the Readonly::XS is present, Readonly will be faster. If not, it won't. Either way, it will still work, and your code will not have to change. Your program can check whether Readonly.pm is using XS or not by examining the $Readonly::XSokay variable. It will be true if the XS module was found and is being used. Please do not change this variable. EXPORTS None. SEE ALSO
Readonly.pm AUTHOR
/ COPYRIGHT Eric Roode, roode@cpan.org Copyright (c) 2003-2009 by Eric J. Roode. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. To avoid my spam filter, please include "Perl", "module", or this module's name in the message's subject line, and/or GPG-sign your message. perl v5.16.3 2009-02-24 XS(3)