Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern match and replace indirect directory reference using sed Post 302962259 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 10th of December 2015 02:16:09 PM
Old 12-10-2015
Unix sed needs
Code:
sed 's#\.\.\(/\.\.\)\{0,1\}#%HOME%#' file

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Replace Line which contains the Pattern match with a new line

I need to replace the line containing "STAGE_DB" with the line "STAGE_DB $DB # database that contains the table being loaded ($workingDB)" Here $DB is passed during the runtime. How can I do this? Thanks, Kousikan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kousikan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and replace

Hi All, I am new to unix shell scripting, I need your help guys in coming up with some thing for the following scenario: file1 ABC_BASE ${base} ABC_ACC ${acc} ABC_TEST ${test} 01-01-2006 ${from_dt} 01-15-2006 ${to_dt} file 2 I have an file2.sql file which contains: ####This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a pattern starting with sub-pattern using sed

Hi all, I've been experiencing a difficulty trying to match a number and write it to a new file. My input file is: input.txt It contains the lines: 103P 123587.256971 3.21472112 3.1517423 1.05897234566427 58.2146258 12.35478 25.3612489 What would be the sed command to... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biederman
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match and replace another pattern in same line

I have a pattern username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/bin/bash I need to match the line containing username and replace /bin/bash with /usr/local/my/bin/noshell So it becomes username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/usr/local/my/bin/noshell (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Pattern match and replace

I have a file containing a multiple lines of the format sddfdsf_gaf/ywrtrtwrt_gaf ghfghfgh_ert/xcvxcvcv_ert werwerwwerw_adf/jkhjkhjkjhkjhk_adf I am interested in only the first 3 letters following the "_" character and make those 3 letters uppercase after extraction. So would like to convert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If pattern match, replace it with #

This command is not working for me. awk '{if ($1 == server) {$1 = #server} }' /etc/ntp.conf # grep server /etc/ntp.conf # Use public servers from the pool.ntp.org project. server 0.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst server 1.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst server 2.rhel.pool.ntp.org iburst server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies
print.ini(5)							File Formats Manual						      print.ini(5)

NAME
print.ini -- survex printer settings Description The print.ini file contains printer descriptions for the Survex printer drivers. File Format The format of the print.ini file is similar to the .ini files used on Microsoft Windows. The file is divided into sections, each section corresponding to a separate printer description. A section starts with a section name in square brackets, e.g. aven's built-in printer support uses the aven section: [aven] followed by some options of the form <option>=<setting>, e.g.: font_size_labels=6 In the supplied print.ini each option is preceded by a comment (indicated by a semicolon ';') briefly explaining the option. Customising Printer Settings If you wish to change the size of the font used for labels or the colours used you need to override some of the setting in print.ini. You shouldn't modify the master print.ini (located in /usr/share/survex on Unix, or in the same directory as the Survex program files on other systems), or your changes will be overwritten by upgrades. Instead create: o /etc/survex/print.ini (Unix - system-wide settings) o ~/.survex/print.ini (Unix - per user settings) o myprint.ini in the directory where Survex is installed (other platforms) If one of these files contains a setting then aven will use it instead of the setting in the master print.ini. Any settings not specified will still fall back to the values in print.ini. See Also printdm(1), printhpgl(1), printpcl(1), printps(1) print.ini(5)