Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Passwordless login from Linux server to windows server Post 302961844 by bakunin on Friday 4th of December 2015 02:19:01 PM
Old 12-04-2015
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment putting the thread to a fitting board....

@pratria: please watch where you open your threads. This (Contact Site Admins and Mods) is a non-technical forum and should be used for account technicalities only. Thank you for your consideration.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

networking linux to windows server

I have a linux 7 machine and i want to able to connect it to my windows 98 server.What do i do.They can ping each other but how do i make them see each other e.g be able to copy and send files to each other and surf??? how do i set up netscape to connect to my servers web server??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwordless login from a server to another server

Hi guys I am logged into one solaris server and I want to ssh other solaris servers and perform some commands. If I use script it asks for password. How to login without supplying password and execute some commands using script? I don want to use expect utility. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
2 Replies

3. Linux

Not able to login to my Linux server

Hi, I am not able to login on my linux server through my some user :- when i login through root and try to login it gives the following error :- #su - oracle su: incorrect password i have check the entry of oracle user is there in /etc/passwd file also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
11 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unable To Perform A "Passwordless" SSH Login To A Server

Greetings! I am trying to perform a passwordless SSH login from a HPUX 11.31 client to a HPUX 11.31 server. Whenever I do a "ssh -l root serverA" from the client, I am prompted for a password. Giving the password, I am able to successfully login. However I am trying to accomplish a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from Linux server to Windows server

Hi All, I am generating report in a Linux server and once the report is generated the report(.txt file) needs to be automatically saved in a Windows servers. So i am looking for a script to transfer the file automatically from Linux server to Windows server? Please advise. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Passwordless sftp connection from UNIX to windows server

HI , I am trying to make a passwordless sftp connection from a unix server to windows server I have used a existing script which is like this cd /home150/adm/.ssh/ ssh-agent /usr/bin/ksh <<EOF ssh-add IDBNEWKEY ssh-add -l sftp IDBUSER@abc.com cd /home/IDBUSER/Share/IDB/ rm ${FILE}... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
xmonad(1)							   xmonad manual							 xmonad(1)

Name
       xmonad - a tiling window manager

Description
       xmonad  is  a minimalist tiling window manager for X, written in Haskell.  Windows are managed using automatic layout algorithms, which can
       be dynamically reconfigured.  At any time windows are arranged so as to maximize the use of screen real estate.	All features of the window
       manager	are  accessible  purely from the keyboard: a mouse is entirely optional.  xmonad is configured in Haskell, and custom layout algo-
       rithms may be implemented by the user in config files.  A principle of xmonad is predictability: the user should know in advance  precisely
       the window arrangement that will result from any action.

By  default,  xmonad  provides three layout algorithms: tall, wide and fullscreen.  In tall or wide mode, windows are tiled and arranged to
       prevent overlap and maximize screen use.  Sets of windows are grouped together on virtual screens, and each screen retains its own  layout,
       which may be reconfigured dynamically.  Multiple physical monitors are supported via Xinerama, allowing simultaneous display of a number of
       screens.

By utilizing the expressivity of a modern functional language with a rich static type system, xmonad provides a complete, featureful window
       manager	in  less  than	1200 lines of code, with an emphasis on correctness and robustness.  Internal properties of the window manager are
       checked using a combination of static guarantees provided by the type system, and type-based automated testing.	A benefit of this is  that
       the code is simple to understand, and easy to modify.

Usage
       xmonad  places  each  window  into a "workspace".  Each workspace can have any number of windows, which you can cycle though with mod-j and
       mod-k.  Windows are either displayed full screen, tiled horizontally, or tiled vertically.  You can toggle the layout mode with	mod-space,
       which will cycle through the available modes.

You  can switch to workspace N with mod-N.  For example, to switch to workspace 5, you would press mod-5.  Similarly, you can move the cur-
       rent window to another workspace with mod-shift-N.

When running with multiple monitors (Xinerama), each screen has exactly 1 workspace visible.  mod-{w,e,r} switch the focus between screens,
       while  shift-mod-{w,e,r}  move the current window to that screen.  When xmonad starts, workspace 1 is on screen 1, workspace 2 is on screen
       2, etc.	When switching workspaces to one that is already visible, the current and visible workspaces are swapped.

Flags
       xmonad has several flags which you may pass to the executable.  These flags are:

--recompile
	      Recompiles your configuration in ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs

--restart
	      Causes the currently running xmonad process to restart

--replace
	      Replace the current window manager with xmonad

--version
	      Display version of xmonad

--verbose-version
	      Display detailed version of xmonad

Default keyboard bindings
       mod-shift-return
	      Launch terminal

mod-p  Launch dmenu

mod-shift-p
	      Launch gmrun

mod-shift-c
	      Close the focused window

mod-space
	      Rotate through the available layout algorithms

mod-shift-space
	      Reset the layouts on the current workspace to default

mod-n  Resize viewed windows to the correct size

mod-tab
	      Move focus to the next window

mod-shift-tab
	      Move focus to the previous window

mod-j  Move focus to the next window

mod-k  Move focus to the previous window

mod-m  Move focus to the master window

mod-return
	      Swap the focused window and the master window

mod-shift-j
	      Swap the focused window with the next window

mod-shift-k
	      Swap the focused window with the previous window

mod-h  Shrink the master area

mod-l  Expand the master area

mod-t  Push window back into tiling

mod-comma
	      Increment the number of windows in the master area

mod-period
	      Deincrement the number of windows in the master area

mod-b  Toggle the status bar gap

mod-shift-q
	      Quit xmonad

mod-q  Restart xmonad

mod-[1..9]
	      Switch to workspace N

mod-shift-[1..9]
	      Move client to workspace N

mod-{w,e,r}
	      Switch to physical/Xinerama screens 1, 2, or 3

mod-shift-{w,e,r}
	      Move client to screen 1, 2, or 3

mod-button1
	      Set the window to floating mode and move by dragging

mod-button2
	      Raise the window to the top of the stack

mod-button3
	      Set the window to floating mode and resize by dragging

Examples
       To use xmonad as your window manager add to your ~/.xinitrc file:

exec xmonad

Customization
       xmonad is customized in ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs, and then restarting with mod-q.

You can find many extensions to the core feature set in the xmonad- contrib  package,  available  through  your	package  manager  or  from
       xmonad.org (http://xmonad.org).

Modular Configuration
       As  of  xmonad-0.9, any additional Haskell modules may be placed in ~/.xmonad/lib/ are available in GHC's searchpath.  Hierarchical modules
       are supported: for example, the file ~/.xmonad/lib/XMonad/Stack/MyAdditions.hs could contain:

module XMonad.Stack.MyAdditions (function1) where
		  function1 = error "function1: Not implemented yet!"

Your xmonad.hs may then import XMonad.Stack.MyAdditions as if that module was contained within xmonad or xmonad-contrib.

Bugs
       Probably.  If you find any, please report them to the bugtracker (http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/list)

xmonad-0.10							   25 October 09							 xmonad(1)