Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Allowing External Scans
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Allowing External Scans Post 302961758 by hpuxguy on Thursday 3rd of December 2015 08:43:42 AM
Old 12-03-2015
I don't think I'll be able to install anything on there, we have some pretty tight restrictions. Plan B sounds a lot more doable. The scan itself shouldn't be running any commands, it should only be scanning the files as a file system which means I shouldn't have to add the commands, I hope. I honestly have no information about the type of scan they are going to perform which makes this much harder. I'll find out Tuesday afternoon how it goes and if it fails!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

allowing members of a group to kill a process

I've written a python program where I want to allow members of a specific group the ability to kill it, and I'm not sure how to do it. I've been looking at the setuid() and setgid() and similar functions in the os module, but haven't been able to get them to work. I can't seem to change the uid or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastcharade
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

I have encountered some problems in my school work. Here is the question: The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. Much Appreciated!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. 4. Singapore Polytechnic, Dover, Singapore,Mr Kam, and Computer Engineering I don't think there is any coding since it is just configuring... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Allowing recursion into rsyncd module directories

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to allow rescursion into rsyncd modules. For example, I have a module set up like the following: path = /home/backup write only = yes read only = no auth users = backup secrets file =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tay9000
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Samba for anonymouse setup but not allowing me to write

Hi Friends, samba for annonymouse setup but not allowing me to write when i tried to browse from windows 7 box conf as below #testparm Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf Processing section "" Processing section "" Processing section "" Loaded services file OK. Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

IP Tables not allowing ports

Hi guys, I'm trying to configure iptables to only allow certain ports access. I set the first set of rules to block everything and then subsequently open ports as needed, but everything still seems to be blocked. I have read that the order matters (new to iptables), perhaps this is an issue.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
6 Replies

7. AIX

Ssh not allowing NIS user to login

As I do a ssh <nis_user>@server1 from server2, ssh prompts for certificates (as expected the first time), then it prompts for the users password, as soon as I enter the password, I get a Connection to server1 closed by remote host, and connection to server1 closed. and I disconnect back to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One user to su to another without allowing root access and password

Hello Gurus, I want One user to su to another without allowing root access and password. I want to run a specific command as below from user am663: --------------------------------------------------------- sudo -u appsprj4 /home/appsrj4/scripts/start_apache.sh ------------------- But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
6 Replies
STRUCT 
CFG80211_SCAN(9) Scanning and BSS list handling STRUCT CFG80211_SCAN(9) NAME
struct_cfg80211_scan_request - scan request description SYNOPSIS
struct cfg80211_scan_request { struct cfg80211_ssid * ssids; int n_ssids; u32 n_channels; const u8 * ie; size_t ie_len; u32 flags; u32 rates[IEEE80211_NUM_BANDS]; struct wireless_dev * wdev; struct wiphy * wiphy; unsigned long scan_start; bool aborted; bool no_cck; struct ieee80211_channel * channels[0]; }; MEMBERS
ssids SSIDs to scan for (active scan only) n_ssids number of SSIDs n_channels total number of channels to scan ie optional information element(s) to add into Probe Request or NULL ie_len length of ie in octets flags bit field of flags controlling operation rates[IEEE80211_NUM_BANDS] bitmap of rates to advertise for each band wdev the wireless device to scan for wiphy the wiphy this was for scan_start time (in jiffies) when the scan started aborted (internal) scan request was notified as aborted no_cck used to send probe requests at non CCK rate in 2GHz band channels[0] channels to scan on. AUTHOR
Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 STRUCT CFG80211_SCAN(9)