Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading Multi Line SQL in UNIX Post 302961667 by joeyg on Wednesday 2nd of December 2015 09:45:47 AM
Old 12-02-2015
What if after your "read SourceKey"
you check to see if the last character is a comma
then, if so, do a "read SourceKey2" & combine the two

Repeat for the other key field

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading Particular Line From A File in Unix

Can any u pls tell me :- I want to read a particular line from a file, say line no. 10. This can be done by using awk..but that method I think, is inefficient. Is there any direct command for this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line by line from unix script

Hi I am a complete newbie in unix. Learning the ropes. I have a task where I have to write a shell script to read a file line by line. I have tried some code from the net like. The file data looks like this. FIN427;2010003;2010003 FIN475;2010001;2010003 FIN476;2010001;2010003... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamajid
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line1 with line2 and line 2 with line 3 in unix

Hi, I have a requirement where i have to read a file line by line and see if the string(fixed postion 10 to 15 in the file) in line 2 is greater than string in line 1. I have used following code while read LINE1 do current_inv_no=$(echo "$LINE1" | cut -c 10-15) read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chethanbg2010
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing SAS multi line comments in UNIX

i have to remove the commented (/* . . . .*/) part which starts in one line and ends in other.help me with generic code because i have 1000 to 10k lines code which i have to remove. data one; set work.temp; input name age; infile filename; /* dfsdf dsfs sdfdf dsdd sdfsf sdfsf sfs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Help for reading line

Hi there, I am trying to read the content such that if there is 'adsmsext.dll', it will read everything from line one until it reads line 6 with 'C:' then it will terminate at line 5. 1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\adsmsext.dll NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:R 2. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql multi line comment /* shell interpretation issue

Greetings Experts, I do have some basic knowledge of Unix. The task I am trying to do through shell script is to generate the view script for all of the tables which is in YYYYMMDD format (I assume I am on Ksh). I have certain tables that ends in YYYYMMDD format (eg: tbl_20150630) For each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slack message multi line from UNIX script

Hi OS: Redhat Version 7.5 Enterprise Trying to post message from shell script to Slack channel and trying below code: text="$msg" text1="$lmsg" if ] then echo "No text specified" exit 1 fi escapedText=$(echo $text | $text1 | sed 's/"/\"/g' | sed "s/'/\'/g" )... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
13 Replies
KSTASH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 KSTASH(8)

NAME
kstash -- store the KDC master password in a file SYNOPSIS
kstash [-e string | --enctype=string] [-k file | --key-file=file] [--convert-file] [--random-key] [--master-key-fd=fd] [--random-key] [-h | --help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
kstash reads the Kerberos master key and stores it in a file that will be used by the KDC. Supported options: -e string, --enctype=string the encryption type to use, defaults to DES3-CBC-SHA1. -k file, --key-file=file the name of the master key file. --convert-file don't ask for a new master key, just read an old master key file, and write it back in the new keyfile format. --random-key generate a random master key. --master-key-fd=fd filedescriptor to read passphrase from, if not specified the passphrase will be read from the terminal. FILES
/var/heimdal/m-key is the default keyfile if no other keyfile is specified. The format of a Heimdal master key is the same as a keytab, so ktutil list can be used to list the content of the file. SEE ALSO
kdc(8) HEIMDAL
April 10, 2007 HEIMDAL