Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting All possible combinations problem Post 302961601 by RudiC on Tuesday 1st of December 2015 02:46:40 PM
Old 12-01-2015
Holding two arrays of ~2000 elements each in memory shouldn't be too much a problem, but - without completely understanding your problem nor approach - there might be another approach that might work. Do you just need to check if the bits set in an input value are allowed by a "mask"? Then e.g. an "OR" operation might do...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping number combinations

Having problem in using the grep command to select all possible combinations a number in a file. Example: 123, I would like to grep the numbers 123,132,213,231,312 and 321. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wperry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combinations

Hello All, i have two files, one of the format A 123 B 124 C 234 D 345 And the other A 678 B 789 C 689 D 567 I would like to combine them into one file with three columns: A 123 678 B 124 789 C 234 689 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All Shortcut key combinations

Hi, I am using the Korn-Shell (ksh) and would like to know all the shortcut keys. For example: Shift + Insert etc. Thank you very much. Take care (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: --crimson--
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Combinations

Hi, I need to generate all combinations upto n-1 level, if the input file looks like say, A B C D . . .... I need to generate all combinations such that first value remains constant and the remaning are combined with all possible ways. Output A AB AC AD ABC (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorg4u
1 Replies

5. Programming

series of combinations

HI I have a series(sorted), which i require to create combinations. I am not getting the good code for doing this. My series should generate the following combinations... Please help me in getting this in C++. Thanks for your help. A: A A B: A B A B A B C: A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshmelam
1 Replies

6. Linux

Help with color combinations

Hi Team when i do, echo on my host box it returns (see below) # echo $PS1 \$ I need to set a color comination of my own for \u means for user : red for \h means for hostname: blue for \W means present working directory: pink for $ means for wht prompt : yellow Do i need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combinations / Permutations

Hello Scrutinizer / Group , The shell script of awk that Scrutinizer made calculate all possible permutations in this case 3125 (5 numbers) but i want to have only the 126 possible combination. For now it does not matter the specific order of the combination numbers. I would appreciate it you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

8. Programming

Words combinations without repetition

How can I get all combinations of 5 words from 10 words. For example I have 3 words and I want to get all combinations of 2 words. "A", "B", "C" it would like AB, BC, AC. Maybe you know some usefull code or example. Thanx a lot. P.S. Sorry if I'm not right enough cause I don't know English... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: romeo5577
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

All possible combinations

Hi, I have an input file like this a b c d I want to print all possible combinations between these records in the following way aVSb aVSc aVSd bVSc bVSd cVSd VS indicates versus. All thoughts are appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk permutations and combinations

hello, I'm reading this thread, in which there is this code :awk ' function comb(v,i) { for(i in A) { delete A; if(length(A)) comb((v?v"+":x)i) else print v"+"i A; } } { A } END { comb(); } ' infilebut I can't understand where does v come... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daPeach
5 Replies
SGELSD(l)								 )								 SGELSD(l)

NAME
SGELSD - compute the minimum-norm solution to a real linear least squares problem SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SGELSD( M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, S, RCOND, RANK, WORK, LWORK, IWORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, LWORK, M, N, NRHS, RANK REAL RCOND INTEGER IWORK( * ) REAL A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), S( * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
SGELSD computes the minimum-norm solution to a real linear least squares problem: minimize 2-norm(| b - A*x |) using the singular value decomposition (SVD) of A. A is an M-by-N matrix which may be rank-deficient. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. The problem is solved in three steps: (1) Reduce the coefficient matrix A to bidiagonal form with Householder transformations, reducing the original problem into a "bidiagonal least squares problem" (BLS) (2) Solve the BLS using a divide and conquer approach. (3) Apply back all the Householder tranformations to solve the original least squares problem. The effective rank of A is determined by treating as zero those singular values which are less than RCOND times the largest singular value. The divide and conquer algorithm makes very mild assumptions about floating point arithmetic. It will work on machines with a guard digit in add/subtract, or on those binary machines without guard digits which subtract like the Cray X-MP, Cray Y-MP, Cray C-90, or Cray-2. It could conceivably fail on hexadecimal or decimal machines without guard digits, but we know of none. ARGUMENTS
M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A (input) REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A has been destroyed. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. On exit, B is overwritten by the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. If m >= n and RANK = n, the residual sum-of-squares for the solution in the i-th column is given by the sum of squares of elements n+1:m in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,max(M,N)). S (output) REAL array, dimension (min(M,N)) The singular values of A in decreasing order. The condition number of A in the 2-norm = S(1)/S(min(m,n)). RCOND (input) REAL RCOND is used to determine the effective rank of A. Singular values S(i) <= RCOND*S(1) are treated as zero. If RCOND < 0, machine precision is used instead. RANK (output) INTEGER The effective rank of A, i.e., the number of singular values which are greater than RCOND*S(1). WORK (workspace/output) REAL array, dimension (LWORK) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK (input) INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK must be at least 1. The exact minimum amount of workspace needed depends on M, N and NRHS. As long as LWORK is at least 12*N + 2*N*SMLSIZ + 8*N*NLVL + N*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2, if M is greater than or equal to N or 12*M + 2*M*SMLSIZ + 8*M*NLVL + M*NRHS + (SMLSIZ+1)**2, if M is less than N, the code will execute correctly. SMLSIZ is returned by ILAENV and is equal to the maximum size of the subproblems at the bottom of the computation tree (usually about 25), and NLVL = MAX( 0, INT( LOG_2( MIN( M,N )/(SMLSIZ+1) ) ) + 1 ) For good performance, LWORK should generally be larger. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (LIWORK) LIWORK >= 3 * MINMN * NLVL + 11 * MINMN, where MINMN = MIN( M,N ). INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: the algorithm for computing the SVD failed to converge; if INFO = i, i off-diagonal elements of an intermediate bidiagonal form did not converge to zero. FURTHER DETAILS
Based on contributions by Ming Gu and Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SGELSD(l)