Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting All possible combinations problem Post 302961601 by RudiC on Tuesday 1st of December 2015 02:46:40 PM
Old 12-01-2015
Holding two arrays of ~2000 elements each in memory shouldn't be too much a problem, but - without completely understanding your problem nor approach - there might be another approach that might work. Do you just need to check if the bits set in an input value are allowed by a "mask"? Then e.g. an "OR" operation might do...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping number combinations

Having problem in using the grep command to select all possible combinations a number in a file. Example: 123, I would like to grep the numbers 123,132,213,231,312 and 321. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wperry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combinations

Hello All, i have two files, one of the format A 123 B 124 C 234 D 345 And the other A 678 B 789 C 689 D 567 I would like to combine them into one file with three columns: A 123 678 B 124 789 C 234 689 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All Shortcut key combinations

Hi, I am using the Korn-Shell (ksh) and would like to know all the shortcut keys. For example: Shift + Insert etc. Thank you very much. Take care (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: --crimson--
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Combinations

Hi, I need to generate all combinations upto n-1 level, if the input file looks like say, A B C D . . .... I need to generate all combinations such that first value remains constant and the remaning are combined with all possible ways. Output A AB AC AD ABC (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorg4u
1 Replies

5. Programming

series of combinations

HI I have a series(sorted), which i require to create combinations. I am not getting the good code for doing this. My series should generate the following combinations... Please help me in getting this in C++. Thanks for your help. A: A A B: A B A B A B C: A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshmelam
1 Replies

6. Linux

Help with color combinations

Hi Team when i do, echo on my host box it returns (see below) # echo $PS1 \$ I need to set a color comination of my own for \u means for user : red for \h means for hostname: blue for \W means present working directory: pink for $ means for wht prompt : yellow Do i need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combinations / Permutations

Hello Scrutinizer / Group , The shell script of awk that Scrutinizer made calculate all possible permutations in this case 3125 (5 numbers) but i want to have only the 126 possible combination. For now it does not matter the specific order of the combination numbers. I would appreciate it you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

8. Programming

Words combinations without repetition

How can I get all combinations of 5 words from 10 words. For example I have 3 words and I want to get all combinations of 2 words. "A", "B", "C" it would like AB, BC, AC. Maybe you know some usefull code or example. Thanx a lot. P.S. Sorry if I'm not right enough cause I don't know English... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: romeo5577
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

All possible combinations

Hi, I have an input file like this a b c d I want to print all possible combinations between these records in the following way aVSb aVSc aVSd bVSc bVSd cVSd VS indicates versus. All thoughts are appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk permutations and combinations

hello, I'm reading this thread, in which there is this code :awk ' function comb(v,i) { for(i in A) { delete A; if(length(A)) comb((v?v"+":x)i) else print v"+"i A; } } { A } END { comb(); } ' infilebut I can't understand where does v come... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daPeach
5 Replies
sylseg-sk-training(1)						   USER COMMANDS					     sylseg-sk-training(1)

NAME
sylseg-sk-training - train the statistic for the syllabic segmentation SYNOPSIS
sylseg-sk-training [--color] [--dl debug level] [--help] [<input file>] DESCRIPTION
The sylabic segmentation is esential for some linguistic or speech recognition applications. Depending on the language either rule based or statistical approach is beying used. For Slovak the statistical approach seems to be more suitable. sylseg-sk-training creates the necessary data for one of the statistical approaches for the syllabic segmentaion. The input data are expected to be word segmented into syllables. The syllabic separator should be "-". If no input file is specified, the standard input is expected. The output is written in to the file. The filename is input filename with the extension ".statistics". If standard input is used, then the output filename is syl_output.statistics. The design of the sylseg-sk-training is language independent. Theoretically it should work for any language. OPTIONS
--color Enable color output. --dl Set the debug level. Control the amount of displayed information The debug level 0 displays nothing. The maximum level 5 displays full debugging report. The default debug level is 1. --help display a short help text EXAMPLES
Use file aaa.txt as training input and set up debug level to 3: sylseg-sk-training --dl 3 aaa.txt EXIT STATUS
sylseg-sk-training returns a zero if the training succeeds AUTHOR
Jozef Ivanecky (dodo (at) kanoistika.sk) SEE ALSO
sylseg-sk(1) version 0.4 September 9, 2006 sylseg-sk-training(1)