Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disable or remove SNMPv1/2c authentication and SNMP version-3 Post 302961380 by fpmurphy on Friday 27th of November 2015 08:10:22 PM
Old 11-27-2015
As far as I recall you just need to remove or comment out the rwcommunity and rocommunity entries in snmpd.conf

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disable SSH key authentication

Hello Guys, I need your help. I am trying to create a script to change password for multipls servers but having problem when it comes to ssh key authentication. Does anyone have a sample script that will disable ssh key authentication for multiple servers?;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: youdexter
3 Replies

2. SCO

Disable the SNMP Service

Dear All, Kindly guide how to Disable the SNMP Service on sco unix release 5.0 Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

3. Linux

How Do I find out SNMP Version?

Can someone please tell me how I can find out what version of SNMP I have running on any linux and solaris server? i would think this was an easy thing to find. but google wasn't able to turn up anything on this. snmp -v should do the trick but it doesn't. thank you guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to check the running snmp version in Rhel?

Hi, Please help me to understand how to check which snmp vesion(1, 2, 3) is configured on my rhel5 server. Regards, Aravind :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Disable SSH 1.99 version?

Hello. My security audit reconise SSH 1.99 protocol version allowed. But in my sshd_config config is only: SSH version: How can I disable support for ssh protocol 1.99 version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabalv
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies
SNMP_VACM(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      SNMP_VACM(3)

NAME
snmp_vacm -- View-based Access Control module for bsnmpd(1) LIBRARY
(begemotSnmpdModulePath."vacm" = /usr/lib/snmp_vacm.so) DESCRIPTION
The snmp_vacm module implements SNMPv3 View-based Access Control Model MIB as defined in RFC 3415. The module is used to manage the internal lists of SNMPv1, v2c and v3 user names and groups and their access rights to fetch or modify the values of the MIB objects maintained by bsnmpd and the modules loaded in the daemon. The module must be loaded for bsnmpd to implement proper view-based access control. If the mod- ule is not loaded, access is granted to all configured SNMPv1 & SNMPv2c communities and SNMPv3 USM users. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
An entry in any table implemented by this MIB may be created by setting the relevant RowStatus column to createAndGo (4) - in fact, any other value for those columns in a SET operation will cause an error. When an entry is created, any of its columns that is not used as index, is set to the default value as specified in the SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB. All entries maintained by the module are persistent after reboot if created via bsnmpd 's config file, otherwise entries created via SNMP are lost after reboot. A short description of the objects in the MIB follows. vacmContextTable A read-only table that consists of a list of SNMP contexts available in bsnmpd. vacmSecurityToGroupTable The table contains a list of SNMPv1, v2c and v3 user names and the groups they belong to. vacmAccessTable The table contains a list of SNMP contexts to groups mappings and respectively the names of the SNMP views under those contexts, to which users in the group are granted read-only, read-write access or receive notifications for the objects under the subtree in the relevant view. vacmViewTreeFamilyTable The table contains a list of SNMP views, i.e. entries specifying the OID of a MIB subtree and whether access to the objects under this subtree is to be allowed or forbidden. FILES
/usr/share/snmp/defs/vacm_tree.def The description of the MIB tree implemented by snmp_vacm. SEE ALSO
bsnmpd(1), gensnmptree(1), snmpmod(3) STANDARDS
IETF RFC 3415 AUTHORS
Shteryana Shopova <syrinx@FreeBSD.org> BSD
October 7, 2010 BSD