Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Preview of a bash conf file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Preview of a bash conf file Post 302961371 by sea on Friday 27th of November 2015 01:09:06 PM
Old 11-27-2015
Not really, as i'm passing 2 values to a command that expects two.
The used "printf '%s'" is just for compatibility/simulation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lilo.conf | bash

hi i am first time here for post tread but i alredy spend some time for look what u are doing here and i think that is great.... i am very interesting in bash scripting so i now wanna make one script that is able to set up a lilo.conf on every machine .....where script is runned. for exemple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bl00d
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

snmptrap.conf file

Hi I tried a lot bt could not configure snmptrapd.conf... Can any one tell me the steps or give me the configured snmptrapd.conf file?? Its really important..Plz help me.. Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapna_me
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

4. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i tell which conf file it is using

i have this program running on my solaris and there are two identical config files, i am not sure which one is being used by this program but I am sure it uses one of them. I run lsof -p {pid} but it does not show which config file has been read by this program, what i am doing wrong? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help me at squid.conf file

Hi all, i have a scenario below: <========> <=========> Internet With IP: -Local: 10.0.0.2 -Squid: 2NICs (10.0.0.1 and 192.168.100.1) -Internet: 192.168.100.2 * On Squid: hosting a website name www.sample.com * On Local: hosting a website name www.abc.sample.com * Complete DNS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidzer0
0 Replies

7. Linux

Bash to append domain in search field of resolv.conf after vpnc connection in Linux

After vpn connection,I am not able to resolve any machines in remote gateway.It looks like remote domain is added to domain field instead of adding it to the Search field in /etc/resolv.conf I want the remote domain to add to search field along with local domain.Can anyone tell a bash or script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremy_brett
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies
simulation::random(n)					       Tcl Simulation Tools					     simulation::random(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
simulation::random - Pseudo-random number generators SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.4? package require simulation::random 0.1 ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package consists of commands to generate pseudo-random number generators. These new commands deliver o numbers that are distributed normally, uniformly, according to a Pareto or Gumbel distribution and so on o coordinates of points uniformly spread inside a sphere or a rectangle For example: set p [::simulation::random::prng_Normal -1.0 10.0] produces a new command (whose name is stored in the variable "p") that generates normally distributed numbers with a mean of -1.0 and a standard deviation of 10.0. PROCEDURES
The package defines the following public procedures for discrete distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers with a Bernoulli distribution: the value is either 1 or 0, with a chance p to be 1 float p Chance the outcome is 1 ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers 0 to n-1 with equal probability. int n Number of different values (ranging from 0 to n-1) ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers according to the Poisson distribution. float lambda Mean number per time interval The package defines the following public procedures for continuous distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max Create a command (PRNG) that generates uniformly distributed numbers between "min" and "max". float min Minimum number that will be generated float max Maximum number that will be generated ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean Create a command (PRNG) that generates exponentially distributed numbers with a given minimum value and a given mean value. float min Minimum number that will be generated float mean Mean value for the numbers ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev Create a command (PRNG) that generates normally distributed numbers with a given mean value and a given standard deviation. float mean Mean value for the numbers float stdev Standard deviation ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Pareto with a given minimum value and a given distribution steepness. float min Minimum number that will be generated float steep Steepness of the distribution ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Gumbel with a given minimum value and a given scale factor. The probability density function is: P(v) = exp( -exp(f*(v-min))) float min Minimum number that will be generated float f Scale factor for the values ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to the chi-squared distribution with df degrees of freedom. The mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1. float df Degrees of freedom The package defines the following public procedures for random point sets: ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a disk of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over the surface of a sphere of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread within a ball of given radius. float rad Radius of the ball ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a rectangle. float length Length of the rectangle (x-direction) float width Width of the rectangle (y-direction) ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a block float length Length of the block (x-direction) float width Width of the block (y-direction) float depth Depth of the block (z-direction) KEYWORDS
math, random numbers, simulation, statistical distribution COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Arjen Markus <arjenmarkus@users.sourceforge.net> simulation 0.1 simulation::random(n)