Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass an argument to encrypted script having openssl ? Post 302961327 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 26th of November 2015 03:16:58 PM
Old 11-26-2015
Have your test_enc like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -a -in bb -pass pass:test123 | sh -s "$@"

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pass argument to a filename

How can I use the value of an argument as a filename? Example: The argument for a process is 999. I would like the output of the process to be placed in a file called 999. I have tried using $$1, but that only assigns a unigue number. thanks JP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpprial
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass argument to function

Hi, Can someone please explain to me how I can get a function to recognize a file given as an argument to a script. Suppose the script has the argument as follows: sh script file and the function is as follows: function display_file () { cat $1 } and it s then called #main program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Knotty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass argument remotely

If I run the following command remotely after ssh than it works fine su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/dbshut" But If I run the following command it doesn't work su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/lsnrctl stop" Because I think there is a space is present between lsnrctl and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass argument

Hi, I need to pass the argument in my shell script as db_ubackup20111015*.log Scenario: I have backup log file location in /home/backup directory (more than 40 days). I need to check the log file of the latest one (tail . a. How I can retrieve the latest value other than passing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How edit a file encrypted with openssl ?

i have file encrypted with openssl and i can decrypt and view its content by below code openssl enc -d -blowfish -pass file:secret_key -in input_file now i need to edit the input_file . i have to remove three lines from this file . how can this be done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass argument in script to run specific part in that

Hello Friends, I need you help ! I have a scripts names runsteps.sh which contains command to run bunch of commands for each application you want to install " Oracle " Jboss" etc echo " Which app you want to install Jboss" ? Yes or no? read ans depending on Yes or not it goes inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. If the init script file does not exist, the script tries to use legacy actions. If there is no suitable legacy action found and COMMAND is one of actions specified in LSB Core Specification, input is redirected to the systemctl. Otherwise the command fails with return code 2. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
chkconfig(8), ntsysv(8), systemd(1), systemctl(8), systemd.service(5) Jan 2006 service(8)