Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass an argument to encrypted script having openssl ? Post 302961319 by akore83 on Thursday 26th of November 2015 01:45:47 PM
Old 11-26-2015
Code:
> aa AK
Hi AK..
> cat aa
#!/bin/ksh

UNAME=$1
echo "Hi $UNAME.."

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pass argument to a filename

How can I use the value of an argument as a filename? Example: The argument for a process is 999. I would like the output of the process to be placed in a file called 999. I have tried using $$1, but that only assigns a unigue number. thanks JP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpprial
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass argument to function

Hi, Can someone please explain to me how I can get a function to recognize a file given as an argument to a script. Suppose the script has the argument as follows: sh script file and the function is as follows: function display_file () { cat $1 } and it s then called #main program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Knotty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass argument remotely

If I run the following command remotely after ssh than it works fine su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/dbshut" But If I run the following command it doesn't work su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/lsnrctl stop" Because I think there is a space is present between lsnrctl and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass argument

Hi, I need to pass the argument in my shell script as db_ubackup20111015*.log Scenario: I have backup log file location in /home/backup directory (more than 40 days). I need to check the log file of the latest one (tail . a. How I can retrieve the latest value other than passing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How edit a file encrypted with openssl ?

i have file encrypted with openssl and i can decrypt and view its content by below code openssl enc -d -blowfish -pass file:secret_key -in input_file now i need to edit the input_file . i have to remove three lines from this file . how can this be done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass argument in script to run specific part in that

Hello Friends, I need you help ! I have a scripts names runsteps.sh which contains command to run bunch of commands for each application you want to install " Oracle " Jboss" etc echo " Which app you want to install Jboss" ? Yes or no? read ans depending on Yes or not it goes inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)