Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3 Post 302961200 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 25th of November 2015 07:10:18 AM
Old 11-25-2015
I have not much with PowerHA/SystemMirror - very first versions such as 7.1.0 to 7.1.1 and later - HOWEVER - I do recall there is a fundamental change in the way CAA (cluster aware AIX) is implemented that made it impossible to update 7.1.0 to 7.1.1, The only path was remove, and start again. I have heard that has been softened a bit - but I prefer clean and tend to not use migration/upgrade paths in general.

A basic feature in PowerHA has been the ability to stop the cluster while leaving the application running. Will this (leaving applications "unmanaged by PowerHA", but operational minimize your downtime sufficiently?

PowerHA/SystemMirror from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3 - what else are you updating? Won't those updates require some maint. time as well? Why not combine them? imho it is not fair to put a requirement for downtime for maint solely on the OS and/or middleware. Applications need maint. as well. The 'business' should know/understand that - and sign off for the impact of unexpected downtime that could have been prevented if maint had been timely. (Or do you wait for your engine to lock up before going to the garage for an oil change?).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

strange route issue in powerha 5.4?

hi all we upgraded hacmp(powerha) from 5.2 to 5.4 recently . during the failover testing, we found a strange network issue. after standby node took service ip address (172.15.100.8) online at standby NIC, we were able to log in the standby node by telnet 172.15.100.8 which stays at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
1 Replies

2. AIX

PowerHA - assistant can't find network

I've configured multiple clusters using PowerHA 5.5, but never using the 'Two-node cluster configuration assistant'. I removed all the clusters, clean setup, and gave the assistant a try. I've filled in all the necessary options: Communication Path to Takeover Node Application Server ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koen87
11 Replies

3. AIX

PowerHA, same subnet for persistent and service ip

I am new in AIX and please forgive my poor english. I know that AIX allow same subnet IPs for different interfaces, which result in multipath routing / route striping. My question is, is there any best practice for the persistent and service IP with same subnet to stay on same interface, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
5 Replies

4. AIX

PowerHA Disk on VIO Server

Hello AIX GURU's Can anybody tell me the steps to crate shared VG (enhanced concurent) for my Lpars from VIO server? my questions are: 1. Should I crate Enhanced Concurent VG in VIO and map it using virtual Scsi to Lpar? or 2. Can I just create virtual SCSI in VIO and map to Lpar and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA with 3rd node for communication

Looking to find PowerHA with 3rd node used for communication (voting node) only. Does anyone use such configuration with IBM products? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
2 Replies

6. AIX

PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers

Few questions regarding Power HA ( previously known as HACMP) and VIOS POWERVM IVM ( IBM Virtualization I/O Server ) Is it possible to create HACMP cluster between two VIOS servers Physical Machine_1 VIOS_SERVER_1 LPAR_1 SHARED_DISK_XX VIOS_SERVER_2 Physical Machine_2 LPAR_2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

7. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

8. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies

9. AIX

PowerHA; Import flash copy of VG?

Hey guys, wondering if this is possible to accomplish. PowerHA SystemMirror7.1 active/passive cluster. Restored a clustered system in test and upgraded to the latest version of PowerHA. Things are working great. However in the interest of time during cut over to the new system, I was hoping to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
4 Replies

10. AIX

PowerHa 7.1 Migration check failed

Hello Guys, I was trying to upgrade the PowerHA from 6.1.0.9 to 7.1.3 in prod cluster. Have snapshot migration and run climgcheck. 1. Run climgcheck on node1(kul1pqcmur01) and it success 2. Upgrade the cluster sw 3. Run climgcheck on node2(kul1pqcmur02) and it failed with below errors ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novaothers
6 Replies
MOIN(1) 							   User Commands							   MOIN(1)

NAME
moin - Moinmoin wiki management command-line interface SYNOPSIS
moin [general options] [command command-subcommand] [specific options] moin [--help|--version] DESCRIPTION
moin is a tool to interact with moinmoin wiki from the command line. The command can manipulate moinmoin user accounts, print/dump data, import irclogs, do maintenance task, etc. This command should be executed under the operating system account that "own" the wiki content (files). OPTIONS
--config-dir=DIR Path to the directory containing the wiki configuration files. [default: current directory] (Debian's /usr/bin/moin defaults to /etc/moin/) --wiki-url=WIKIURL URL of a single wiki to migrate e.g. http://localhost/mywiki/ [default: CLI] --page=PAGE wiki page name [default: all pages] --version show program's version number and exit -q, --quiet Be quiet (no informational messages) --show-timing Show timing values [default: False] MOIN COMMANDS
moin command supports many commands, which in turns have sub-commands. account check --help [check-option] When using ACLs, a wiki user name has to be unique, there must not be multiple accounts having the same username. The problem is, that this was possible before the introduction of ACLs and many users, who forgot their ID, simply created a new ID using the same user name. Because access rights (when using ACLs) depend on the NAME (not the ID), this must be cleaned up before using ACLs or users will have difficulties changing settings and saving their account data (system won't accept the save, if the user name and email is not unique). account create --help [create-option] This tool allows you to create user accounts via a command line interface. account disable --help [disable-option] This tool allows you to disable user accounts via a command line interface. account homepage --help [homepage-option] This tool allows you to create user homepages via a command line interface. account resetpw --help [resetpw-option] This tool allows you to change a user password via a command line interface. cli show --help [show-option] Just run a CLI request and show the output. export dump --help [dump-option] This tool allows you to dump MoinMoin wiki pages to static HTML files. export package --help [package-option] This tool allows you to create a package of certain wiki pages. import irclog --help [irclog-option] This script pushes files from a directory into the wiki (to be exact: it pushes all except the last file, as this is maybe still written to in case of irc logs). One application is to use it to store IRC logs into the wiki. import wikipage --help [wikipage-option] index build --help [build-option] This tool allows you to control xapian's index of Moin. maint cleancache --help [cleancache-option] This script allows you to globally delete all the cache files in data/pages/PageName/cache/ and /data/cache directories You will usually do this after changing MoinMoin code, by either upgrading version, installing or removing macros or changing the regex expression for dicts or groups. This often makes the text_html file invalid, so you have to remove it (the wiki will recreate it automatically). text_html is the name of the cache file used for compiled pages formatted by the wiki text to html formatter. maint cleanpage --help [cleanpage-option] This tool outputs a shell script which upon execution will remove unused or trashed pages from the wiki. maint cleansessions --help [cleansessions-option] This script allows you to clean up session files (usually used to maintain a "logged-in session" for http(s) or xmlrpc). maint globaledit --help [globaledit-option] This tool allows you to edit all the pages in a wiki. maint mailtranslators --help [mailtranslators-option] This tool allows you to have a message read in from standard input, and then sent to all translators via email. If you use %(lang)s in the message it will be replaced with the appropriate language code for the translator. maint makecache --help [makecache-option] This script allows you to create cache files in data/pages/PageName/cache/ and /data/cache directories You will usually do this after changing MoinMoin code and calling "maint cleancache", by either upgrading version, installing or removing macros. text_html is the name of the cache file used for compiled pages formatted by the wiki text to html formatter. maint mkpagepacks --help [mkpagepacks-option] This tool generates a set of packages from all the pages in a wiki. maint reducewiki --help [reducewiki-option] This tool allows you to reduce a data/ directory to just the latest page revision of each non-deleted page (plus all attachments). This is used to make the distributed underlay directory, but can also be used for other purposes. So we change like this: * data/pages/PageName/revisions/{1,2,3,4} -> data/pages/revisions/1 (with content of 4) * data/pages/PageName/current (pointing to e.g. 4) -> same (pointing to 1) * data/pages/PageName/edit-log and data/edit-log -> do not copy * data/pages/PageName/attachments/* -> just copy migration data --help [data-option] This tool allow you to migrate data of pages to a newer version server standalone --help [standalone-option] This tool allows you to start a standalone server xmlrpc mailimport --help [mailimport-option] This tool allows you to import mail into the wiki. xmlrpc remote --help [remote-option] This tool allows you to execute moin scripts remotely. xmlrpc retrieve --help [retrieve-option] This tool allows you to print out the contents of a page via xmlrpc. xmlrpc write --help [write-option] This tool allows you to edit a page with xmlrpc. It is more of a commented example than an actual script. EXAMPLES
Clean the cache containing pre-computed/pre-rendered pages. $ moin --config-dir=/etc/moin --wiki-url=http://webserver/mywiki maint cleancache Manually migrate the wiki content. $ moin --config-dir=/where/your/configdir/is --wiki-url=http://webserver/mywiki migration data Create the initial Xapian index (after enabling it in the configuration file) $ moin --config-dir=/etc/moin --wiki-url=http://webserver/mywiki index build --mode=add SEE ALSO
The full documentation for moin command line is maintained as a Wiki page (HelpOnMoinCommand). A copy is available at /usr/share/doc/python-moinmoin/HelpOnMoinCommand. Read the help page on your running instance of moinmoin because other MoinMoin instances, like http://moinmo.in/HelpOnMoinCommand may run a different version. moin 2010-04-06 MOIN(1)