Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu FTP script to get latest file from server Post 302961117 by jgt on Tuesday 24th of November 2015 07:36:24 AM
Old 11-24-2015
Are both machines in the same time zone.
Will there be a file on weekends and statutory holidays.
How much time is there between the time the file is available and the attempt to retrieve it.
Will a checksum be available.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ftp latest file

Hello All, Hope u r doing fine. I'm writing a shell script to ftp the latest file having pericular convention as 'ULTI_15072007043205.txt' on daily basis. Now the date & timing of the file geleration isnt constant, so the file name daily varies as per the date & timing of generation. Can anyone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting latest file from ftp

Hi, i have multile JAMA01.DAT.* files in my ftp. how can i get the latest file in from the ftp by executing the script :rolleyes:? Regards, Arun S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunavlp
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command to get latest file

Hi, I would like an FTP command or series of commands to get only the latest file. Is that possible? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for FTP a file from one server to another server

Hi Can any one help me for script. I need a script and this script has to execute daily to move the files. FTP from one server to another server EX: Sep 10 06:24 abc.txt Sep 11 06.56 abc.txt Sep 12 08.23 abc.txt these files are located at a/b/c/e/f in 123 server and copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahantysk
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get latest file via FTP session

Hello , My requirement is as follows: I want to connect to a remote FTP server using FTP and then get the latest file from server location can u pls share code snippet for this ? Regards, Suresh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP

Hello, I have a script that finds the latest version of a file in a folder on my Minecraft server. I'm trying to come up with something that will then FTP that file over to my fileserver. Here's what I have that finds the newest file: find /home/mc/archive/sbhouse -type f -mtime +45 -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upload latest file to ftp

Hi, I want to create a script that parses the content of a file (on each line there is a filename with full path containing the latest fiels created on that day) and uploads every file to a ftp location. Any elegant way to do it ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
4 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)